Chapter one.

"I just really don’t feel up to going out tonight" I said, looking over at my roommate who was doing her makeup in the small mirror propped on her beside table. She scoffed at me, "Tilly, it’s our first night as University kids! Let’s go have a good time"

I sat up and dropped my phone into my lap, “I’m tired from moving all our stuff in, Perrie. I just want to eat something totally unhealthy and amazing, and then crash” She looked at me, cocking one of her perfectly groomed eyebrows, “Get dressed, Matilda. We’re going out”

I frowned at her but by the look on her face, I could easily tell that she wasn’t going to leave me alone about it. “Alright, fine” I huffed, getting up and gathering some clothes from a box I had yet to unpack.

I settled on some black skinny jeans and a deep purple sweater since it was a bit chilly out. I plopped down onto my bed and pulled on my boots before looking at Perrie who was stuffing her wallet and phone into a black shimmery clutch.

"Are you ready?" she asked, already walking towards the door. I replied with a mumbled "Yeah" before grabbing my phone and purse and following her out.

"Do you even know where we’re going?" I asked, following her outside into the brisk night air. "We’re going to meet some of my friends at the bar. That okay?" she said, glancing at me quickly as we walked towards her car. I just nodded and stayed quiet until we were in the warmth of her car with the streelights rushing past us.

It was a short ride to the bar, but the moment we stepped inside, I already regretted it. It was extremely packed for a Thursday and I instantly wanted to sneak out and not deal with all the drunken men and the typical bar smell. We were walking towards empty bar stools when I heard someone shout Perrie’s name.

"Oh, there’s Jade and Leigh!" she said excitedly, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards two girls seated at a table in the corner of the bar.

As soon as we were at the table, I slipped into the seat closest to the wall so I didn’t have to worry about anyone tripping and spilling their drinks on me.

I watched the girls greet each other happily before Perrie turned to me.

"Leigh and Jade, this is my friend Matilda" she said, taking the seat beside me. I smiled at the other two girls, "It’s nice to meet you. And you can just call me Tilly"

The one that Perrie introduced as Jade smiled. “You’re so cute” she said, making me blush even though I had no intention to. “Thanks” I murmured, not knowing what else to say.

"I think we need some drinks! Come on, Leigh" Perrie said, standing up and tugging the other girl along to the bar with her.

"So, I noticed by your accent that you’re American" Jade said, "How long have you been in London?"

"About two months now. I landed a scholarship so that’s why I decided to go to University here instead of in the states" I said, trying to make the story quick so I didn’t bore her.

"How do you know Perrie?" she asked, continuing the conversation. I smiled, "I actually met her my first day here. We ended up at the same cafe and there were only two seats left in the whole place, so I guess we just decided to be friends and sit together"

Jade smiled, “That’s cute. Perrie is really nice though so she automatically makes new friends”

I nodded, “She’s been lovely to me. She really has”

I looked away from Jade when I heard the girls coming back. I shook my head despite my smile when they sat down two small trays that had shots and beer as chasers.