Chapter One

I hate when they beg for their God, it's pointless, he's not there..

The girl woke up only five minutes ago, seeing as I've been drugging her to keep her out cold, she must be so confused. "I'll keep it a secret." she pleads, "I promise, I won't tell anyone!"

I don't respond to her as it is unprofessional to pay attention to such childish actions, not that I blame her, I'm sure to a normal person this is quite the terrifying experience, but for me this is my day to day life, mundane even. Yet I still do it, I've been doing this for so long I don't know what stopping looks like. Who would I be then?

"Where am I?" she demands but there's still a slight tremor in her voice, now this is worthy of a response "My basement." I say, smiling proudly. 

Through my wealth I've been able to create quite the hidden little paradise in my home. Well, paradise for me that is, I'm sure this isn't where she wants to be right now. She's probably got a million and one thoughts racing through her pretty little mind at full speed: Am I going to live? Can I escape? Will he let me go? Will someone rescue me?  And of course, the answer to all these questions is no. She's not asking me these questions out loud, but I can see them on her face as she scans the room.

I've had hundreds down here over the years, so it wasn't exactly clean. Blood stained almost every inch of the room, chains hanging from the walls rattling with movement and all my tools neatly piled in clear view for the added fear, my own little horror movie set. I liked it like that, truly terrifying for all who entered and never left.

"Just let me go!", she was still screaming, trying to pull her arms free from the wall. 

I picked her up yesterday completely by chance, travelling home from a business meeting out of town. She was walking alone down the dark gravel path that was almost completely hidden by the thick treeline, cars just about fitting down the narrow trail, the girl actually stopped my car to ask for a ride. How young and naive, she couldn't be any older than nineteen with that beautiful blonde hair, soft porcelain like skin and piercing blue eyes, just from looking into the bright blue I could tell they were innocent, she hasn't yet witnessed the horror of the real world. Until me.

Just as I picked up the knife to begin, my phone rang, "I'll be back dear." I shouted to her while beginning to climb the concrete staircase and of course the screams get louder, begging for God to save her yet again, her life is in my hands not Gods. She will learn that soon enough. 

Luckily the room is soundproof so once I locked the door I no longer had to listen to those awful high pitched cries. Even though I live alone I still pulled the rug back over the door in the ground, I always do to avoid the risk of an unexpected visitor seeing the heavy wooden door and getting curious.

"Hello?" I answered down the phone.

"Mr. Adams there's been a slight issue", of course, it's work related. 

"What happened?" I said, clearly agitated. 

"Well the truck bringing our fresh produce crashed, so we have nothing." 

My girl downstairs would have to wait, this may seem like a small issue but all of my restaurants are five star and we have standards to uphold. 

"I'll come down to help out now." Hanging up and grabbing my car keys I head for the front door, this isn't how I want to spend my day off. 

Starting the long drive to work my brain goes on autopilot as I mindlessly gaze through the windshield, it's a long, mostly straight road and seeing as most people are at work already I didn't have many other cars to watch out for. Clutching my steering wheel I can't help but think how boring this is, day after day, again and again I have to live this normal life and pretend to feel things for people, when I could slaughter every single one like the animal they are without batting an eye.