Rules Were Made To Be Broken

Eighteen years ago Snow White and Prince Charming had a beautiful baby girl with golden hair and emerald eyes. They called her Emma.

Emma Swan.

Eighteen years ago I was born.

My name..

Is Emma Swan.

I was born royalty so technically I am of some importance in this kingdom. I mean, if you say my name people tend to recognise it. My mother and father are two of the most significant figures in the entire of the enchanted forest. My mother has the kindest heart and the purest soul , and my father is the bravest , most courageous man I know. The story of their love is one for the books.

However in every good story, not everything can be happy and content. A story needs a villain, some excitement , some fire. Some fire in the form of a Queen. Have you ever met a queen?

Have you ever met an Evil Queen? No?

Neither have I.

Which is shocking to me. The Queen is my mother's stepmother. Technically, but technically not. It's all a bit muddled you see but the power within me is far stronger than the magic and the power within the Queen. That makes her unable to reach me , no matter how hard she tries and boy , has that woman tried.

My mother has fallen victim to the Queen many times. It's impossible to count the amount of times her life was put in jeopardy because of the Queen.

When I was born she wanted to steal me away from my parents , but the contrast in the evil and the good made it impossible for her. I'm the result of true love. The saviour , and with the right magic , I can be separated from the evil in this world , untraced and untouched. So I grew up , happily , safe with the best life a princess could wish for. I hated the Queen for the things she had done. However that's only what I was taught. There's something about the Queen that's interesting , almost enticing.

If I ever wanted to make myself known to the Queen, I could. I have the power, but I never have. Disobedience is not in my nature , I grew up respectful and responsible, not stuck up or spoilt because frankly I have everything I could possibly want , a family , friends , hobbies and that's all I need. I never desired expensive things or romantic relationships, I desire the happiness of those around me, but most importantly the happiness within myself.

And I have it.

I have it all.

No matter the challenges we face , we come out stronger than ever because that's the sort family we are.

So having said all of that. Let's fast forward to now. A princess on her eighteenth birthday and an ever growing desire to break the rules.

October 22nd. Eighteen years down the line.

'Happy Birthday to you , happy birthday to you , happy birthday dear Emma , happy birthday to you!'

Another year , another wakening to my parents singing happy birthday to me, the melody perfect and harmonies that send shivers down your spine. There's a bird on my bed and a rabbit on my head. My mother has a thing with animals , it's not uncommon to wake up next to a deer or something.

'ThankYou!'

'Getting old' , my dad said this every year.

'Never as old as you daddy' and with that I peeled myself out of bed, ready for the day ahead.

I loved my birthdays , my parents always make them special , but it's the same. Every year , we have the biggest birthday breakfast where I receive gifts from my parents , my father takes me out in the morning and sometimes we  horse ride, sometimes we sword fight while mother prepares lunch where I receive more gifts from friends of my parents and I. We spend the afternoon together before me and my dearest friends prepare for the annual Emma Swan Birthday Ball. I'm sure this year will be no exception to the last seventeen.

My birthday ball began in an hour. Me and my most trusted friend Alexandra we're preparing ourselves like we did each year. Something felt off this year , like I was finally becoming bored of each birthday and the birthday balls.

'Alex?"

'Yeah."

'Do you trust me?' I had a plan. A crazy , crazy plan. If I was found out? Well. There wouldn't be an Emma Swan anymore. I'd be dead.

And if it went wrong?

Dead.

"I trust you, what's going on inside that head of yours ?"

"It's been eighteen years. And , something's missing. "

"Well what do you mean? Do you need more friends? Are you lonely? What is it Em?" Her guesses were wrong. So wrong.

"No I have you and that's all I need , but sometimes it gets boring. It's like a cycle , like my life is clockwork. I need some excitement Alex, I need some fire."

"Elaborate?"

"Im saying I think it's time."

"Time for what? Em spit it out."

"To meet her." It was out in the open. The elephant in the room.

"Her? Wait you mean her. Emma your being stupid, do you hear yourself right now?" I knew she'd try to talk me out of it.

"Come on Alex , I don't even know what she looks like."

"Yes you do. I've told you , she's rather small , petite , olive skin, brown eyes , long brunette hair, pearly teeth, husky voice, what more do you want Em? She'll kill you, and your parents , they will kill you and there's a good chance I will too. Aren't you thinking ? Did your brain stop working when your turned eighteen?"

"You can't talk me out of this." I had made my decision.

"Well fine. If you won't listen to me , then I simply can't be part of this game your playing." She walks out of my room.

Was I thinking? Was this a bad idea? Did I care?

I wanted to meet the queen, I wanted to see her , I wanted her to finally see me , I want her to see me.

If I was to meet the queen, I would do so tonight.