Introduction

It was a cool summer evening and I was visiting my mother with my daughter. Ever since my father passed away my mother hates being alone. We come and visit often. My mother Meredith always had someone over so she wasn't alone. Most of the times it's one of her best friends. They've known each other for years. I grew up with their daughters and were really close friends too. We were sitting in the living room. My mother knitting, my daughter playing with her dolls and me reading another one of my books. "Nana?" Ashlyn asked "yes darling?" My mothers voice was smooth and shakey. She was about 80 years old and she loved her only granddaughter with all her heart. "How did you and Papa meet?" My mother chuckled at the question "What do you mean my dear?" Ashlyn smiled "How did you fall in love silly." My mother picked Ashlyn up and sat her down beside her. "Sweetie, that's going to be a long story. Are you sure you want to hear this?" The innocent girl smiled "of course Grammy" my mother looked at me and I nodded telling her that she could talk. I wasn't in a rush to go home, Ashlyn loved it here and quite frankly I did too.

"Well it was a cool summer evening, Quite like this one actually...."