Chapter 1

Nineteen years ago on Cybertron, a femme bot runs through the corridors of one of the last intact buildings on the planet. War had ravaged their planet for a millenia and now the end was approaching but not in favor of the Autobots. All these thoughts raced through her mind as she ran with her precious bundle in her arms up to the top floor, looking behind her as she ran. She reached the top room and bolted the door behind her, knowing that it would not hold for long. She looked down at the bundle in her arms, her precious daughter, Aimera. The femme bot jerked as she heard shots being fired on the lower levels, she quickly raced to the end of the room where stood a pod ready for deportation. She placed Aimera into the pod, the child began to fuss, her mother stroked her cheek and Aimera quieted. The femme bot moved to the control display and reached for an abscure looking cube, scanning her CNA into the face of the cube, as it began to record her, she tok a deep breath and began.

"My dearest daughter, I love you so much, I only wish I could go with you now, but I cannot there is only one pod and it is not big enough for the both of us," she took a tearful breath and continued, "You will probably not remember me unless I survive so I will tell you who I am and where you come from. My name is Delta Magna, I had you shortly after this war began, a war begun by Megatron, the destroyer. Jealousy is what drove Megatron to begging the war, jealousy over the power granted to your father, Orion Pax, who was renamed Optimus Prime, when the Primes bestowed power upon him," Delta jerked up from the cube when she heard the thundering footsteps approaching, she looked back at the cube, "my sweet daughter I am sending you away from from this war, to a planet were your father and I will retrieve you shortly, but know this my darling, the was is just beginning and all of us must give our all to save our beloved Cybertron." Delta could hear the banging on the door, she quickly touched her fingers to her lips and pressed them against the cube. "I love you my sweet stardust, and this is where I say goodbye for now," she choked. She then placed Aimera inside the pod and gently kissed her forehead, as she also lay the cube inside. With tears in her eyes and streaming down her face, she ran to the control console. The door burst open as she pressed the button. She glanced defiantly at the figure who stood in the doorway.

"Your too late, Megatron, my child is now safe from your clutches."

Megaatron growled, smiled, and then let out a soft chuckle.

"She has for now, but YOU however have not."

In one smooth motion Megatron had his sword out and was across the room. Delta attempted to defend herself but she was no match against a former gladiator from Kaon, he ran his sword straight through her spark. She gasped and lurched as Megatron drove the blade in deeper. He drew her closer and whispered in her ear.

"You see my dear, first you chose Orion over me, then you produced his whelp, thus continuing the bloodline of the Primes. I cannot risk you producing another for him," Megatron threw her off his blade, " it also doesn't hurt that I am destroying the thing my enemy loves most."

Delta's head lolled to the side as she drew her final breath.

"Lord Megatron, the building has been cleared, what are your wishes now?" one of Megatron's soldiers asked as he entered the room. Megatron turned from his handiwork and gestures dismissively with his hand.

"Cleanse it."

________________________________________⚜_______________________________________

Optimus Prime rushed to the sight of the now smouldering building. There were Autobots all around searching for survivors. Fear had rarely been an emotion Optimus felt but right now, it was encasing his entire being.

"Optimus!"

He turned as he heard his name called. His dear friend Ratchet was standing in outskirts of the ruins waiting for him. Optimus ran to him.

"What is it Ratchet, I came as soon as I heard."

Ratchet looked down an expression of pain on his face.

"We found a body."

Optimus' spark seized with dread.

"Is it?....."

Ratchet nodded resignedly. Optimus began to frantically look around.

"No! It can't be!" he grabbed Ratchet by the shoulders, "take me to this 'body' you found."

Ratchet breathed a heavy sigh, looked into Optimus' frantic, fearful face, and nodded. They made they're way further into the wreckage, until they reached a cleared site wherein lay an Autobot body. Optimus closed the distance with great speed, rushing to the bodies side. He did not need to carefully examine it for even though the body had been charred terribly, he knew it was his beloved Delta. He gently scooped the body into his arms as his knees touched the hard ground. Tears began to fall from his eyes as he rocked the body. Then great, heaving sobs began to escape from his lips.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't here to save you my love," he clung to her with all his might and spoke through clenched teeth once more, "I'm so sorry Delta." He looked up through his tears at Ratchet.

"What about Aimera?"

Ratchet closed his eyes and winced in pain as he lay a hand on his friends shoulder.

"We did not find her with, or anywhere near Delta, we have reached the conclusion that because she was just a sparkling, the fire must have consumed her entirely, leaving no remains."

Optimus clenched his eyes and raised his fists to the sky as he let out a mournful howl, he hunched over and began to silently weep.

"What are we to do now Optimus?" Ratchet asked. Optimus looked up at him then looked back at his wife, he picked up her body and began to walk away, then he paused and turned his head.

"Now we finish this nightmare that Megatron has set into motion."

He continued walking away. It was on that day that Optimus Prime swore that he would not rest until the scourge of Megatron had been purged of the galaxy, but it was also the day that he lost the feeling of almost all emotion, because part of him had died in that fire along with his family.