Chapter 1- Bell

I wake up at sunrise (like every morning.) I do my hair, brush my teeth, and do my chores all before 7am. My brown hair falls down to my shoulders as I start to walk up my grand stair case to wake my brother from his sleep. He thinks he can sleep in all he wants like the queen Even though we live in England we are not royalty.

I carefully open the door to my brother Gregory's room. He is eight years old but I will always see him as my little baby brother. Even though he tries to act my age (17) he is still a baby to me. He has these adorable little cheeks. He used to get very upset at me when I pinched his cheeks but I think he has grown used to it by now.

"Gregory, wake up. Your going to be late for school," I say while gently shaking his arm until his eyes start to flutter open.

He has big brown eyes like mine. Mother says we get it from are father but I was about 9 when he died and back then I didn't pay attention to little details.

Gregory was only a few months old when father left for America. He never returned. Rumors spread about him being missing for so long . Considering my mothers beauty every eligible man would be knocking at are door begging her to give them a chance.

When my fathers ship was discovered at the bottom of the ocean we all thought he was dead. Until I got a letter from a unknown source. It was addressed to Gregory and I only. It said a few details before it told us there was a slight chance are father could be alive. I'm trying to save up for a plane ticket to America but with collage on the way I don't think that will be possible anytime soon.

When Gregory is finally awake I make us some breakfast to my best abilities (it's just a piece of toast and some cereal).

"Is mother already at work?" Gregory says.

"Yes, she had to leave early with that important meeting. She left. envelope on the counter this morning. It said she will be gone for couple months or so but it had a thousand dollars in it."

He has a big smile on his face,"so...pizza party time tonight?"

"Heck yeah little bro," I give him a fist bump then keep eating.

Even though we live in England we don't have a heavy English accent's. Father was British and mother is American so she has taught us how to talk *like Americans*. It was great when I was little but now people just look at me strange. My strange choice of words always puzzles them.

"So are you going to pick me up from school or is Ally?"

Ally is are older sister who is twenty-four. She graduated from high school and now goes to collage close by. She usually gets out around 2 while Gregory and I get out at 3.

"I'll have to ask her but she will probably say yes. I am going to meet up with Chase afterwards anyways."

Gregory raises his eyebrows up and down. Chase is my boyfriend. We have been dating for the past three years and he said he needed to talk to me. I hope is good news.

"So are you going to take me to see the best person ever or not?"he says.

Chase is like a big brother to him. He helps me a lot when mother is gone. Ally tries but she usually gets mad at me for something then storms out of our lives for a week or so. He tries to comfort me when that happens but it sometimes doesn't work so he takes Gregory to the park or something so I can have time to myself .

"Sorry not this time. He wanted to talk to me alone."

"That's to bad. We were going to play another addition of tell really embarrassing stories about bell while she is making us food."