J

I am a simple teenager who's living in this world that is full of judgement and comparison. I remember when I was in my elementary days, I'm not too smart compared to my other siblings though I did receive some awards and got rewarded for my achievements back then. I could say that I'm an average teenager in terms of my intellectual capacity.

Our parents were so proud of us. They encourage us to do everything that we can to achieve our dreams in life but in fair and a good way. They are always giving their full support to ensure that our needs will be provided. As a daughter, I would like to make them feel proud that's why I'm trying my best to be the best person I could ever be.

At some point, we cannot change the fact that there are so many people who give judgement to others by the way they see things and that was based on their own perception without even thinking of the reason why that person do such things.

All of my siblings went in the same catholic school. One of my professor in high school which became our class adviser asked me If I am related with her previous top student. She's pertaining to my brother who had so many rewards in terms of academic excellence and extracurricular activities on his high school years in Mary Mother of God Parochial School.

One day, our school had a PTA Meeting, so my mother went there to attend the said meeting. My mother went home and told me that one of my teacher was comparing me to my brother in terms of our achievements. It's not that positive on my part. I felt bad because they might be thinking that I should be on top as well just like my brother.

I got frustrated with what I heard. I knew that I'm doing my best though it's still not enough to surpass their expectation. I know my limits and abilities but I shouldn't be compared to anyone because I know that all of us have our own talents and unique abilities. I learned a lesson, that even if a person exerts their greatest effort, they could still be judged and compared to someone higher or on top of them.

Do not judge someone until you know them. Do not underestimate until you have challenged them. Many people tell others to be themselves but then they judge them. But the people that judge are too afraid to be themselves.

Never judge someone's character based on the words of another. Instead, study the motives behind the words if the person casting the bad judgement. Because here in our imperfect society there are too many critics with no credentials.

I'm not a perfect person, I have flaws and sometimes I do judge someone as well. But then, I tired of hating myself so I would just change my perspective in life and I would accept all my mistakes and imperfections to be a good role model to our society.