Chapter One

It was a bad day for Bake Stars so far. Starbucks was becoming so popular, nobody ever wanted to come to the bakery any more. They might have to close down if business got any worse.

Sweet-T was kind of upset about the fact he wasn't getting paid as much. He wanted to protest about it and go on a strike, but he knew that he was really incompetent and Jake wouldn't care. The only reason Jake had decided to hire him was because he was friends with Pepper Jackie.

The door to the bakery swung open and Olive, G.O. , and Azul walked in. Olive was reading, G.O. was singing their song, and Azul was just acting like an idiot.

"Hi guys!" Sweet-T said. "What can I get for you?"

G.O. said, "We're having a party this weekend. We need some cupcakes stat."

"Ooh, suh-weet!" Sweet-T exclaimed. "Am I invited?"

"Sure, you can come!" Olive said, closing her book. "We only have four people on the list so far..."

"Really? Can the whole Bake Stars crew show up?" Sweet-T asked.

"Well...uh...I don't know, last time we invited Pepper Jackie to a party, she ate all the food and changed up the music selections," Olive said.

"Oh, don't worry, Pepper Jackie was really sorry about that," Sweet-T said. "She was so sorry, she came in late to work the next day."

Azul, finally tuning into the conversation, decided to put his two cents in. "No, no, no, no, no. We can't invite Pepper Jackie! Remember the last time before that when she ruined our camping trip? She nearly got us all arrested! Look man, we're just here to talk about the cupcakes. Not the party."

"So how many cupcakes do you want? And what kind? And how big? And do you want the Suh-Weet T special, the Peppery Cupcake, the Jake Stars, the Veggie Cup--"

"There are healthy cupcakes?" Olive asked. "We should get some."

Azul glared at her. "No. Vegan stuff is NASTY."

Pepper Jackie walked in from the staff door. "Hey guys, what do you need?"

"We're throwing a party and we need some cupcakes. Olive, Azul, and Sweet-T are making this a lengthy ordeal, but we just need cupcakes. Uh... let's see... if we want to save money, we should get 50 mini Vanilla Sprinkle cupcakes."

"With chocolate filling on the inside," Azul added.

"Dude, we're trying to save money," Olive said. "We don't need chocolate filling."

"Oh, excuse ME, Miss Vegan, but we don't need to be healthy either!" Azul said.

"WHO DOESN'T WANT TO BE HEALTHY????" Olive yelled.

"Healthy is awesome sauce!" Pepper Jackie exclaimed. "Okay, so umm.... We need some ingredients... Can you guys help us out with the math here?"

Olive, G.O., and Azul groaned in sync.

"Look, PBJ, if we needed to do that math, those two would be baking. Saves a lot of time and money. Just make the cupcakes and have them ready by Friday so we can pick them up. Okay?" Azul said.

Pepper Jackie and Sweet-T frantically rushed around to find all the ingredients they needed, and the Rise over Run squad walked out the door. As they walked down the block, G.O. started humming. Olive was reading while walking. Azul was, once again, acting stupid.

Then he started singing.

"Chillin on the street with my friends as we venture--"

"DUDE, AGAIN?" Azul complained. "You literally sang that on the way here!"

The three continued walking down the street and turned to Main City Blvd. G.O.'s humming intensified. As they neared the corner of Main City and 175th, Olive bumped in Max.

"Woah, man! Sorry. Totally didn't see ya," Max said. "Hey, G.O., those are some pretty sick beats!"

"Thanks! I make them in my free time!" G.O. said.

"I'm surrounded by a bunch of NERDS," Azul groaned.

"Chill," Max said. "Not everybody is a stereotypical jock here! And we're not all nerds. I'm not a nerd. I'm just a kid who's four."

Olive, who was so absorbed in her book, didn't notice the rest of the gang stop walking to chat with Max, so she kept walking, turned down 175th, and bumped into Carrie and Brandi. She fell face first on the ground.

"LAWL!" Azul laughed, being the idiot he is, not even caring about his friend.

"Oof," Max said.

"That's a lotta damage," G.O. agreed.

Olive, kind of dazed, sat up. Her nose was bleeding, and she had a cut on her knee.

"Are you okay?" Carrie asked her.

"Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl, you really need to watch where you're goin next time!" Brandi said, offering Olive a hand.

Olive got up without the help of Carrie or Brandi and picked up her book. She dusted it off and then desperately tried to find her page.

"See? I'm surrounded by a bunch of nerds," Azul said.

"Not cool, man. Not cool," G.O. and Max said at the same time.

"JINX! HAHA!" Max said.

"bruh who even does that any more," Azul said. "That's so 5 years ago."

"Being like Azul is so five years ago. Now everyone wants to be like me. But they can never beat me at jinxing. NEVER! Okay, bye guys, I'm gonna go play Pokémon Go. Luna told me that there's a gym in Bella's backyard that she hasn't claimed. Gotta go," Max said nonchalantly, and then he ran down the block as fast as he could.

"Hmm... that incompetent blond gamer should try out for the track team. We'll just tell him there's a gym at the finish line and then BAM, we win," Azul suggested. "Well, I'm going to go get pizza. Call me if you need me."

"Olive still doesn't have a phone, though," G.O. said. "So she can't call you."

Azul brushed this off and went to go get his pizza, like he wanted. Olive could have his old phone. The squad would need a way to keep in touch, of course.