Cookies, Cliques and Crushes

I pretend to tie my shoe again. Trying to look busy isn't easy. I smooth down my skin tight white sparkly tank top. There are still 5 minutes till first period, and it's not like I have any friends to talk to.

My mom made me dress nice today. Instead of my usual ripped jeans and baggy hot pink sweat shirt, I was forced into wearing a fancy pink mini skirt and this tank top thing. She made me straighten my auburn waves, and now I feel really out of place.

5 gangster guys walk past me, each one slapping my butt as they swagger by. They laugh, but I shut them up.

"Beat it,assholes!"

"Wow,fiesty one, eh?"one guy comments.

" Me like!" Another one screams, stroking my arm.

"Back off man-boobs." A girls voice booms from behind me. "Yes run along, keep moving!" The guys back away.

"Hi, I'm Gemma Welker! Ashley wanted me to meet you to see if you were cool. Here!" Gemma hands me a baby pink piece of paper. "Auditions Tomorrow!" she squeals, then she disappears into a crowd of students.

The paper reads

Clique Audition Tomorrow!

Do you got the looks?

Got the guts?

Wanna be this years newest Clique member? Meet in the gym tomorrow at 430!

Sincerely,

The Clique:

Ashley Newton

Gemma Welker

Ok, this is one weird school. Auditions for a clique? Seriously? And who insults someone by calling them man-boobs? I'm honestly a little frightened.

The bell rings and I stumble down the hall to the locker I'm assigned.

"Hey Jazzmin!" Aubrey calls. "We're locker buddies!!!"

Seriously? This girl belongs in Kindergarten.

High school is not exactly what I expected