falling

Tim was never one to fall quickly, he knew there was a fine line between love and infatuation and he knew when he crossed it.

But with Toby it felt different, he had known Toby for about two and a half year before the other male had caught his attention.

It started on one cold night in late November, Tim was stupid enough to forget his jacket at home, not thinking about as it got later the tempter would drop , he was out with Toby at the time just doing a look over of the woods before calling it a night.

Tim was shivering when Toby noticed.

"Are you cold?" The male asked his voice deep with the cold crisp air.

"Only a little, I'll survive. We only have two more miles to go anyway." He says not looking at the other , until he heard shuffling and looked over to see the other talking off his black sweater and drapping it over Tim's shoulders.

He gave Toby a questionable look and Toby shrugs.
"I can't feel tempture anyway, and I'd rather get a little bit of frost bite then see you shiver the whole night."

Tim looked down pulling the sweater on.
"Oh thank you... I'll return it as soon as we get back.."

Toby gave a smile, his scar showing his teeth as he did.
"Don't. It looks better on you than it ever did on me anyway ." He said as he continued down the trail.

Tim felt the air catch in his throat, they had flirted before but never that direct.
He was in a bit of shock from the fact Toby gave him his sweater , did this mean something or was it just a nice gesture?

"Are you coming?" The other yelled from down the trail and Tim ran to catch up.

They never brought it up again, but the flirty banter continued, and Tim felt himself falling more and more for the other boy, his heart swelled just thinking about Toby .

And this would have been all well and good and maybe they could have even had a healthy relationship later on but there was one problem...

He liked her better..