Her Heart Belonged To The Dead

She was a cloud walker.

Living in the clouds of her imagination, her mind never really obeyed the conventions of society. She yearned for a home she lost among the rain and grief of her mind. She missed him, but he was lying in the ground, far away from her. Hiraeth was the only word to describe the nostalgia she felt. He was buried, and her heart belonged to the dead.

She might have been among the clouds, but she belonged to the ground.

She longed for the touch of the soil, the dirt that he was surrounded with, the marmoris of the ocean when it was midnight and the moon was high in the sky, the psithurism that only one could hear when they listened closely, the petrichor after it had been raining for hours, oh, how she longed for something to ground her, to get her closer to him.

Her strength was gone, along with him.

Him.

The war was over. Madara lost. Kaguya was sealed. Zetsu was gone.

And Obito dissolved to dust.

The same dust that she wished she could run her hands through, just to feel slightly closer to the man who raised her.

By blood, she was Madara's child, but her loyalties did not lie with him.

Her regrets were many, but the one mistake that she hated the most? It was planning the war.

Her viridity got her manipulated. She was by no means a virago, definitely not brave or strong like Obito, but she was loyal, and naive; stupid enough to follow a man blindly into plotting a war.

She was the one who put it all into motion.

The plan was flawless because it was hers.

She got Obito killed.

She killed Obito.

When he switched sides during the war, her mouth ran dry, because she knew that there was no fault in her plan, not a flaw to win the war.

But she followed him.

Because her loyalties lied with him.

She followed him. Madara won. Zetsu betrayed Madara. Kaguya got resurrected. And Obito died.

All because of her.

She was the one who told Madara how to win the war because she thought Obito trusted him.

How could she be so stupid?

Obito died because of her.