Chapter 1:

Brenna's POV:

"Mom! I don't want to move!" I said as my mom was putting somethings in the living room into boxes. I have been saying this over and over ever since her and my dad told me 3 days ago. I continued flipping through the channels on the TV, just like I do basically every Saturday.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but we have no choice. There is no other option for Logan."

"There's homeschooling..."

"Homeschooling isn't an option. Your dad and I have to work constantly."

"Ugh!!" I groaned.

Let me explain myself. We are not one of those families that have to move because the parents have to relocate their work. My older brother, Logan got expelled. We tried private school, but my parents just decided it would be more affordable if we just moved. And now, everyone is taking it out on me. We have to move from Boston to Miami. Why all the way down to Miami? My mom said it was because we needed a change, and Miami is the closest location of their work (they work at the same place). I don't see why we couldn't just move to the next city, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

"So I guess I have no say in this?"

"Not technically, no. What else do you want us to do?" I didn't respond, I just looked at my mom, and groaned again.

"Brenna, you should probably go up to your room and start packing your things. We leave in 2 days."

"But I want to watch TV!"

"Brenna, now." I trudged up the stairs to my room, and grabbed a lot of boxes from the hallway. I was going to need it if I was going to pack up my entire room.

I left only my bed unpacked, but I had two boxes left that I was saving for my bed stuff. I took all of the clothes out of my dresser, and out of my closet, and packed them away. I also got all of the things on top of my dresser. I left my posters, and my pictures hanging on the wall up. I can get those tomorrow. Surprisingly, I was done in a little under an hour and a half.

"Dinner!" I heard from downstairs. I stacked the packed boxes against the wall quickly, and walked out of my room.

I saw Logan coming out of his room as I was walking out of his room. He smirked at me, and bumped my shoulder. "Hey, did you pack yet?"

"Some of my room." I groaned. "And I have you to thank for even having to pack in the first place." I said, and gave him evil eyes, jokingly, earning a chuckle from him.

"Not my fault mom and dad send me to 'sensitive schools.' " He joked, putting air quotes around "sensitive schools." I giggled, and gave him a playful punch on the arm. "But seriously," He looked me in the eyes, "I really am sorry that we have to move so far. I know you love it here." I gave him a warm smile. At least someone gets it.

"Thanks. But I am trying to make the best out of the situation. I want to make a lot of friends in Miami."

"Good." He smiled, and messed up my hair. I really do love my brother, though. He is protective, and loving, and he just had those "perfect older brother" qualities.

We walked down the stairs together, and went to the dinner table, where we were served pasta with chicken and broccoli in it with a really good mozzarella cheese sauce. My favorite. My mom finished serving everyone's plates, and then sat down.

She cleared her throat, probably at the silence. "So, Brenna, Logan, are you guys all set?"

I responded first. "Kinda, I still have to get my posters down. And I have everything related to sleeping still unpacked, because I still have to... sleep."