Chapter one: Zombies +school=bad

“Maybe if I step on enough flowers and break enough hearts i’ll forget i’m made of broken parts.”~ unknown.

The hallways were always crowded, and today was no exception. Backpacks jostled me, people shoved past. Not like anyone would really pay me any attention anyways. I’m one of those people who can be just as invisible as a shadow if they try, or at least it seems that way.

I bobbed and weaved my way to my locker, the sounds of laughter and cheerful voices nipping at my heels. I pulled off the small purple beanie, my curly brown hair falling in waves over my shoulders. I sighed putting in my earbuds and blocking out the world, my hands methodically doing my code.

22-41-30, click. I opened my empty locker, shoving my jacket, beanie, and backpack in. Bohemian Rhapsody blaring in my ears. I stood, holding my small pile of notebooks, papers, homework and books to my chest.

The steady stream of colors and people drifted by, like a stream with many fish in it. I entered the stream, head down, a bit hunched over my things. I weaved through the crowed, going to the one place i usually felt accepted. Choir. I know, choirs gay, choirs stupid. Bla bla bla. I don’t give a flying fuck.

I stepped in to the room, the faces of people I knew surrounding me. My things landed in a pile near the door. I pulled my ear buds out, I looked for a crowd I felt I could belong in. There was Maxcy, Sam, Rachel Jackson and Brittany all by the door to the Orchestra room.

Maxcy was beautiful in her own unique way. She was pale, and by pale I mean pasty white. She was absolutely COVERED in freckles, on her face, arms legs. Her fluffy looking brown hair fell just about shoulder length, usually pushed to the side in a bang like fashion. Her face was pretty. In a sort of circular shape with bright ice blue eyes and darker blue-ish black parts, a small black dot to the side of the Iris.

Sam was a geeky cute. He was tall, skinny and semi tanned, but mostly pale. He had brown hair that kinda always looked at least a little messed up and darker brown eyes that always seemed welcoming. Oh and don’t forget he always seemed to have somewhat of a smirk or grin, unless he was sassing Maxcy (they were sass masters.)

Rachel was pretty, she had long blond hair, semi tanned skin and dark brown eyes. I loved her, but there were times I wanted to strangle her pretty little face.

Jackson was Maxcy's brother and he was just as pale but with a lot less freckles. He had short brownish hair and was always causing trouble or annoying his sister, but he was also funny in a way that could make everyone smile.

Then there was Brittany. She was (again) pale with long brown hair and bangs. I didn’t really like them, but you know, whatever floats her boat. If she likes them then go here. She had some sort of knee brace usually and her knee had cuts from when she cuts herself. Why her knee? Who knows.

I made my way over to the group and smiled. I always felt like the odd one out, because they all had their own unique beauty while I was over here with brown hair, pale skin and an ugly smile, oh and don’t forget acne.

“Hey Rachel.” I said, choosing her as she was one of the ones I was least intimidated by (not counting Brittany.)

“Hey Sam!” she smiled and hugged me then went back to vying for Maxcy’s attention. Rachel was kinda attention needy, but she was always a great friend. I scooted around to Brittnay then changed my mind as she was also part of that little group. Sigh. Looking around I spotted another friend of mine Morgan and she was talking with Wray.

Now both of them were beautiful. Morgan had long almost white blonde hair and pale skin, her eyes were amazing, never really staying one color, but today it seemed they were a light blue with rings of green and and orange sunburst towards the very middle. She was lean and had an athletic build, and whatever she wore usually accented her face.