mvp

We won. We actually won.

The glory inside me feels so good. I want to relive this moment over and over. Our team was solid, it felt surreal when we scored the last point. I could not believe my eyes for a second.

We won.

We really won.

It is my first playing year, and we won.

I will not ever get tired saying that.

I think my favorite part of this match was when we thought everything was going downhill, and Ateneo was one point away to victory, I claimed two service aces. The next service though, was not an ace, but I got lucky when my idol and crush, rushed for the point.

And there, we won. We earned such victory. Victory as individual players, but more importantly, as a team.

I love each and every single one of my teammates. They are the cause of my happiness, aside from my family, of course.

All of them are family. When coach scolds the other, we try to lighten each other's minds and remind that we have each other's backs.

If we win, we win as a whole. A team. No one will take all the glory to themselves.

That's what I've been thinking. We're actually taking pictures with the whole team and the coaches. Oh, the feeling of wearing our medals!

Then the announcer quickly transitioned to announce the MVP. The most valuable player.

There was no doubt in my mind it was her.

My idol.

My crush.

My Miss Everything.

"The MVP, Charleen Abigail Cruz!"

I saw how she moved. The smile on her face that everyone adored, she flashed it once again.

Her reaction is priceless. She aggressively bowed to hide that ever blushing face. I blushed too. Our team captain was standing close to me, ate Paneng being the only figure separating us.

As we all stared at her, it was as if tears would start forming from her eyes. Her eyes. Oh, God. I'm almost sure she'd still look stunning whilst tears of joy came running down her face. Besides, her award was well deserved, she worked twice as hard every day just to keep the whole team motivated and improve her own skills while doing so.

Very well deserved, my queen.

Did I just call her queen? I mean, don't get me wrong she is the only queen I'd acknowledge but I simply don't think she could be 'my' queen.

I watched as she received her award. She shook the hands of the people gently with a matching smile on her face.

She's my MVP.

I called her 'my' MVP. I'm out of my mind. Mika stop yourself!

This is actually her last playing year in UAAP, too bad I only got to practice and play alongside with her for a year. I didn't actually plan on being 'close' with her, but she's our team captain and checks on everyone, including me. She acts like our big sister too. All I can say is, I've developed this crush of mine in the short span of a year.

After she received a trophy and a bouquet of flowers, she went back to the team to take more pictures.

I was just smiling. I couldn't stop myself. Who wouldn't smile when they see such a beauty close to them? Who wouldn't smile when they see her smile? Who wouldn't smile when they see the one and only Cha Cruz, become the finals MVP?