💔 - KAMISERO

TW. S!LF-H!RM, S!ICIDAL THOUGHTS, BL!!D, MENTIONS OF P!RENTAL F!GHTING, MENTIONS OF AB!SE.

Denki's self-esteem and motivation has been plummeting. When he went to visit his parents for spring-break, they fought and fought and it brought up bad memories from his childhood.

Denki rolled around in his bed, 2:42 AM on a school night. He just - couldn't sleep. His head kept swarming with thoughts.

Ever since he went back home, he kept having flashbacks. Like memories flickered back. Things he promised himself to forget forever ago. The sunken, same feeling in his chest just wouldn't go away.

He needed a way to solve it. He tried everything he could - listening to happy music, complimenting himself. But it just wasn't working. So what if he... what if he tried self-harming? Would the pain go away? Would he feel something other than this?

He thought he would. Sneaky walking up to the kitchen in their dormitory, he sheepishly grabbed a knife. He hopped no one was up- or nobody noticed it was missing. Slipping back to his room, he quickly shut and locked the door behind him.

He started hyperventilating. Oh my god. He was actually doing this. He was trembling at the touch of the handle. Holding the blade on his arm, he swiped it across. He could feel his body shiver as he did so. It hurt. It hurt so good. In a breath of desperation, he did another. Then another. Then one deeper. Oh my god - why couldn't he stop? Again. Again. He started feeling lightheaded.

Then he moved to the next arm. Deeper and deeper each one went. Was this to much? Was he going to die? No. He couldn't. Not yet. Heading to the bathroom, he (nearly passing out in the process) stopped the bleeding. With that done, he went back to his bed and passed out.

TIME SKIP : NEXT DAY. WEDNESDAY - 7:00 AM.

He felt exhausted. Like passing out. He stayed up until five, so he was going to run on 2 hours of sleep. Sloppily, he put on his uniform - but he put a long-sleeved shirt under it. As he was finishing getting ready, he heard a knock on his door.

Not thinking much of the bloody knife on his bed-side table, and the small drops of blood on his floor, he opened. Oh, Sero! "Hey...! Sero..." He said tiredly.

"Hey! Good morning! Do you know where the missing knife i-" Sero's eyes darted to his dressser. Then onto his floor. Then he glanced at his arms - some of the blood bled-through the shirt. "Denki?"

Denki, confused, looked to him. "Huh? Yeah, Sero?... What's up?.." Sero grabbed Kaminari's hands. "Hey, uh... you mind rolling up your sleeves?" He asked. Then it hit Denki. "Uh - I'm - Um -" He glanced around his room. Hot tears started pouring from his eyes.

"H-Hey dude, it's okay - let's sit down. Please, just show me..." Sero turned on his lamps and shut off the light. He sat Kaminari on his bed, and he sat behind him, wrapping his legs around Denki. Kaminari hesitantly rolled up his sleeves - the marking and scars everywhere. Thin, thick, deep - there was just so many. Sero's heart dropped.

"I'm so sorr-"
"Don't apologize. Kaminari... what's going on?"
"D. Daddy and M..." he started sobbing.
"N-No, it's okay. Denki. I love you."
He looked to Sero. "Y-You mean just in a friend way, right?"
"Uh." He flushed a bit. "N. No. But- that's not important —!" Denki turned around and, suddenly, locked their lips. Sero's heart started pounding in his chest.
"K. Kaminari?"
"Th. Thank you..."
"Y-Yeah. I care so, so much about you," Sero grabbed his arms and set his chin on his shoulder. "Even if it doesn't show. I am so sorry you had to relive those memories, and I'm sorry for not being there. You're loved, okay? Please believe me..."
Denki smiled. How was he smiling? In a moment like this.
"Of course."
"Let's skip today, alright? Take today off."