十六

Manipulating the winds drained a hell lot of energy from Taehyun, so after barely travelling for fifteen minutes he had to stop. Kai landed gently beside them, and Yuna dropped down gracefully. "Doesn't..." Taehyun stopped to catch his breath, "Doesn't that drain your energy?" Kai shrugged. "Not really. My ability affects me differently." Then he winced. "Ow. See?" He extended his arm, where a deep cut ran down from his elbow to his wrist. "Wait, so your ability drains you by-" "By cutting me, yeah," Kai flicks his eyebrows up, "Every shift I make I get cut." "What...what else can you shift?" Taehyun decided that he should not use his ability too often if he didn't want to end up panting like an elderly man. The younger male's lips quirk up at the corners. "Anything and anyone, honestly. Heck, I only can shift things I've seen, like bird wings, those are easy," Kai admits. Yuna beams, "He's cool, right?" "Yes, absolutely brilliant, but it's getting dark where do we go?" Jisu points out. Kai said simply, "My place is free, my parents are out."

"Won't they care if you go missing?" Taehyun asked.

Scoffing, Kai said, "Man, if I wasn't over-aged, they would stick me in the orphanage."

"Does everyone's parents hate them?" Jisu asked.
"No," Yuna said, "My parents love me so much they want to marry me off by the age of twenty."

"Who cares?" Kai said, "The flats that way."