Chapter 1

I awoke in a hospital bed. There was a cop above me.

"I need to ask you some question," he said.

"Yes sir?" I responded.

The events of the night before were flooding my mind.

"Your friend. He said it was a grease fire. That doesn't explain the shot you took."

"There was someone who attempted to rob the place. He shot me and set the place on fire. My friend was in a state of shock as well as myself."

That was some quick thinking.

"Thank you for cooperating. That would also explain why you thought there were people in the building other than the owner."

If only he knew the truth, there were. My friends had went along with the pizzeria. I wondered what would be of the remains. A guy in a business suit came in.

"I work with the law firm. I would like to speak with you and your coworker regarding your boss's will." He said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Swing by the Nook Family Office of Law later." He said.

"Sure thing." I replied.

Not long after the doctors came in and ran a few more tests. After the tests, I was discharged. I decided to return home to rest for a bit. I had settled into the couch when the phone rang.

"Hey, it's me, Z." My friend called to me from the other end of the phone.

"Hey. Can I help you?" I asked.

"I was about to go to see that lawyer. Want me to swing by and pick you up?"

"I don't mind. Let me get a quick shower first.

After the shower, I stepped out to see that Z had arrived. I got in and we set a course for the law firm. On the way, I informed him on our story of the incident. Should we need to speak with anyone about the events that took place again. It would help for us both to have a clear story.

When we arrived in the building, there was a young girl behind the desk speaking with a muscular man who was bald.

"Listen, Apollo. He doesn't care how tough you are. He has connections. Tom doesn't like it when you don't pay your debt. He'll take your kneecaps. Please pay up, so I won't have to worry about you."

"I'll do it. But, only because you asked, Isabelle."

Z tapped my shoulder and whispered to me.

"Doesn't that Tom guy basically run this city?" He asked.

I nodded. Tom and his twin sons were over the entire city, and they control virtually everything. We stepped up to the desk.

"Aren't you too cute?" Isabelle said while blushing and looking downwards.

"We have an appointment with Timmy." Z said.

She pointed to a side room, and we entered it. We sat at the table. Timmy stepped in and opened a briefcase.

"Let's make this quick. Dad needs me upstairs soon." He said.

Z and I both nodded.

"Your boss left the company to the two of you. Seeing as only two locations are still standing, I think you each should get one. Keep in mind, that is for the two of you to discuss." Timmy said cheerfully.

"I'm cool with it." I said.

"Me too," Z followed.

"Good. Now sign your names here and here."

I read through the contracts. Z did as well. We had learned all too well that you need to read the fine print. I looked to him, and we exchanged nods. We then signed our designated sheets and gave them back to Timmy.

"Johnny will get the second location. Z will get the third location. It is also called the sister location." He told us.

"Sounds fun." I said.

Z nodded.

Little did we know, we were in for some big surprises.