Drunken Love

I looked at him from a distance. He sat there feeling his heartbreaking like glass, scattering his fragments all over his now frail body. He could hardly bear the sight, as he recalled when he was once loved but then rejected in agony. It looked as if his once dazzling world had gone dark, pulled across the sky like a humongous curtain. Tears running down his face, falling like raindrops to the ground. The boy stood there again, yearning for her hand. His heart stalled as he realised it was no longer his very first love.

His hands grabbed a bottle of beer, his eyes rolled in a distressing sense of pain to the back of his head. He inclined his head to the edge of the comfortable sofa, which was positioned neatly in a corner, inside the pub that he frequently visits. He was taking a long swig of the opaque liquid that had defiled him. He sighed as the walls became part of a funhouse, in a blink of an eye changing the figure. His breath was the underlying cause of the smell of alcohol invading his nostrils, and his mouth was sore from the amount of liquor he streamed down his delicate throat. As he stood up, he cleared his oesophagus, only to collapse back on the couch in an unbalanced effort to walk to the bar where he could feel the numbing comfort of the wooden planks that shaped into a table. This really outstripped drunkenness. He tries to stand and crawl again toward the spot, grabbing on random strangers and tables.

*His Point of view*

I felt a familiar hand pulling me up from the unexpectedly sterile clean floor grasping my arm. I was benevolently pulled up into the celestial stairs. Currently, the stairs I take two at a time are a mountain negotiable on all fours. My arms flap too hard on the carpet, and my back ends sway like a horse under a tranquilliser with every push. My stomach is starting to heave sickly and my head is spinning in a way that makes no sense at all. It is like the entire building has just been put on a carousel, at first sluggish then gathering momentum. Then all ate and drank for the past couple of hours is rushing to be expelled like a balloon just got inflated in my stomach. There's vomit in front of the couch. I can't go up, I just can't face down. I was discreetly put into a bath as soon as I got up my way. The frigid water that poured on me awaked me. One girl. Her hair was as pure earth waves, swaying gently from side to side as she shucks me up, a contrast to her quietness. Her light brown eyes flickered and glowed in radiant serenity. She had a black dress under the length of her modern clothes which snuggly hugged her curves. 

*End of point of view*

I opened my arms in reassurance as soon as he was awakened and encouraged him to take refuge in the warmth of my body. We embrace and in a moment, the world that was known as Utopia becomes Euphoria. He cried on my shoulder, clutching my back tightly for support. In a moment the tenderness of my lips kissed his forehead. Allowing his tears to stop flowing like cascades. He is taking a steady step back and looking at the depth of my eyes intensely. He expressed the pure sweetness which was exceptional. A slight smile on his lips began to appear which filled me with joy. Once again he hugged me unexpectedly, this time with more force and desire than before. Water spilt soaking our clothes over our heads. Absorbing his sadness, and going down the drain.