To the time it all starte

It was the first night of the second week of the year. I was on my phone as usual but this time I did something unusual. I open my college group chats ( which I hardly ever check) and read all the messages. Then quickly starts telling Mayank about the situation. Though the two of us are from different colleges but still being a typical gossip girl I start messaging him "dude there are a bunch of boys ganging up against some boy for having a different political ideology. And oh, wait one of them has actually told him to leave this country". He tells me to do something about it and stop being afraid of people forming an opinion. But I fear to do so as people are quick to form opinions. And this was my first year of college and I did not want anyone to form any kind of negative idea about me. But as said by many I have no calm when it comes down to someone being an asshole. So, I end up taking a stand for what I felt was wrong though nothing changed I  felt satisfied. Not that it was all serious conversation. It was rather a conversation with lots of sarcastic remarks in almost every message. A while later I  found a grumpy emoji message from the guy I just saved from bad guys like a superwoman ( undoubtedly I am one). We exchanged a couple of messages and the guy asks me can I call you? So, I was quite hesitant because it was already past 11 pm and I don't even know him. I felt like telling him to call me tomorrow. But what if he never calls back? What if my 'No' gets misinterpreted as 'naa I don't want to talk to you'. And even after four months of knowing each other with over 22,000 messages and 60 hours of calls and 6 times of meeting each other. I still think what if he never tries to contact back me again. So, I decide to say yeah... Just yeah in spite of the fact I had other things to say.