One

"Love is scary..."

"Ugh, not again." Brooke thought as she sat at the dinner table. The story she once admired when she was five years old had become a nuisance in her life. Her mother Michelle Miller sitting across the dinner table gazing lovingly at her husband of 30 years. "I knew from the moment I locked eyes with her, I knew that she was the one." Her father said. "Love is the most cliché topic known to earth. What's the point of falling?" Brooke commented and walked away.

Brooke is a normal teenage girl; whatever that means. NORMAL. What is normal? She thought. Another day passed, what a waste; cannot wait for tomorrow, whatever that has to offer. She went to sleep after. "Brooke wake up. BROOKLYN AMELIA MILLER, DO NOT MAKE ME COME UPSTAIRS" her mother yells. She tossed on her bed; always known to be a heavy sleeper she didn't want to get up. She then remembered the last occurrence and decided that she did not want to take her mattress out in the sun for it to dry that day.

"What should I wear today? It's a Friday, mm, something rebellious but still with a touch of an angel" she thought. she raced downstairs grabbed an apple, kissed her parent's cheeks and ran out the door, and entered her brand-new car she got for her birthday. It was a white corvette. She loved her car, but she hadn't done anything to deserve it. She was an only child. Some would say that she was spoiled, but she thought that she was loved. Her parents both came from money and her mother was a doctor while her father, an engineer; started his own company. She drove down the street to her best friend's house, Noah Price.

Noah was the boy she grew up with. He has three little sisters. Their parents were best friends and they took a birthing class together and a bunch of weird things that grossed them both out. "do you want to ride together today?' he asked Brooke.

"I don't know. Any plans after school?" she replied.

"umm. Maybe with Kelly, don't really know" he commented.

Kelly was his girlfriend. They were cute together she thought. I know you were probably expecting the stereotypical high school story of me hating his girlfriend and wanting him all to myself. Kelly was also my best friend. We grew up together and we were known as the three musketeers.

"let's just take your car, I really do not feel like driving today," Brooke said and walked to his jeep wrangler.

Noah entered his car and started driving to school. Cruising down the road and singing at the top of their lungs. This was their daily routine.