Prologue - اسرار

‎اسرار

اسرار

asrār
Keeping secret; concealment, suppression; secrecy, secret, mystery

____

Walking through the corridors of the haveli, trying to meander her way through the strings of busy people, she admired the house that was decorated like a bride.

The Lashari haveli was lit from head to toe in  lights and colours. Dada jaan had made sure there was no inch of the haveli that was left uncovered in celebration of his eldest granddaughter's wedding.

"Aray nahi bhai, inn se kahain ye phool courtyard me le jayen" Aaina distractedly instructed her elder cousin before turning away into another corridor

(Oh no brother..tell them to take these flowers to the courtyard)

She frantically looked in all directions for her sister, and a shriek left her when arms engulfed her slender waist and pulled her back into the dark room.

He was careful not to touch her wet mehndi, caging her in-between his muscular arms and the closed door

The lamp lit room was dim and dark -having enough light for them to register the plains and dips of one another's face.

She breathed in sharply, he smelt of cigarette smoke and Gucci guilty, -luxurious, sophisticated.

The arms that were wound around her, were strong, muscles taut underneath the t shirt.

Her eyes fluttered open, tracing over the curls on his head, her fingers itching to get lost in them.

Her gaze shifted, she made the mistake of looking into his deep eyes -the colour of ash and storms

The curve of his lips, her breathing hitched as she gazed -a second too long.

A whisper, right above her bold, crimson painted lips, plump -parted in gasps

"Bohot Khoobsurat Lag Rahi ho"

(You look Beyond beautiful)

~~~~

Heyyy there ! ;)