As Sweet As Coffee

It was an usual busy hours in the coffee shop which Jimmy has worked at. But he never failed on noticing a certain tiny boy with fluffy-black hair and big rounded eyes entered the coffee shop every Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 pm.

Jimmy rushed to take over the register counter to get that boy's usual order. A regular sized of strawberry smoothie. Jimmy was a barista ,he didn't need to do the register but he always took the register every Tuesday and Wednesday just to get closer to the boy even just for a minute.

Later then Jimmy noticed how beautiful and long were his eyelashes, how cute was the way he talked, and even the dimples on both of his cheeks. Jimmy did know the boy's name. It's Tommy Sittichok. He was a guitar teacher at his bestfriend music studio.

After that Jimmy always asked anything related to Tommy. He found that Tommy doesn't like coffee because it's bitter and has sweet tooth. Tommy liked sweets, Jimmy noted. He has crushed on Tommy for three months and kind of desperated to got notice by Tommy.

He couldn't keep hiding behind the counter. "It's now or never", Jimmy thought

Before Tommy could held onto his drink, Jimmy took it out of Tommy's reach. Tommy looked up at Jimmy in confused and tilted his head.
Cute!
Jimmy thought.

"I heard that you doesn't like coffee because it's bitter? " Jimmy asked.
Still didn't know what was really happening.
Tommy answered, " uh... yes? "

Jimmy gathered up all his courage and dared.
"Let's have a bet, if you can finish the coffee I made without noticing the bitterness.. Have a date with me tomorrow."
Tommy flustered.
"Why should I? I don't even know you."

Jimmy pointed to his name tag.
"It's Jimmy. Jimmy Karn. And I do know you, so it's enough."
Tommy giggled.
His cheeks were red. Then he looked up and smiled.
"Okay."
Jimmy couldn't hide his excitement and shouted, "YES! "
Tommy laughed.

"Okay meet me here at 11 pm after the coffee shop closed," asked Jimmy kind of anticipating.
" Fine. I need to get back to the studio," Tommy answered while fidgeting.
" See you later, Jimmy," waved Tommy.
" See you later, Tommy," Jimmy waved back.

Jimmy couldnt maintain his excitement. He keep smiling for the rest of the night. He couldn't wait for tonight, finally he be able to spent some times with Tommy. Just two of them.

This was the only chance to asked Tommy for a date. He shouldn't messed up.
Jimmy looked up to the clock which pointed at 12AM. It was an hour late. Suddenly he afraid of scaring Tommy out because his random request and on top of it he said he already knew him.

It was creepy to have a stranger knew your name, right?

The door jingled as Tommy rushed over came into the coffee shop.

"Jimmy, I'm sorry! " said Tommy as he tried to catch up his breathing, "there was something I got to do in the studio."

" No, it's okay," Jimmy smiled while offering a chair to sit for Tommy, "here, sit over here. "

Then Jimmy put the drinks on the table and sat on the other side across Tommy.
The night was so silence. There was no sounds but their soft breathing and thumping hearts. They locked eyes for seconds and Tommy was the first one who darted his eyes down. Red blossomed on his cheeks and cute dimples shown. Tommy got his cheeks red when he was feeling shy.

Jimmy faked coughing.
"Uhm. So....first I want to apologize for this sudden invitation. I hope you didn't find it creepy. "
Tommy looked up.
"Ah! No no no! It's fine, " said Tommy smiling with those heart-shaped smile
Cute!

" So, let me introduce myself then. I'm Jimmy Karn. 20 years old. Second year of college. I work part time here as barista..., " Jimmy paused, "...and I like you."
Tommy's eyes turned bigger than it's usual size and he could felt heat crept on his face and ears.

" I.. I.. I'm.... ," Tommy stuttered.
"You don't have to answer. I just want to say it, "
Jimmy smiled softly.
Tommy smiled back.

Jimmy then explained how he could knew Tommy's name from Toy, his bestfriend. He also confessed that he already has crushed on Tommy for three months now.
Tommy only smiled and nodded his head shyly while darting his eyes down. Still some beautiful red painted his cheeks.

"Here. I made these two drinks. I add coffee in one of the drinks. If you can't tell which one and can finish all of them without taste the bitterness...,"
Jimmy locked his eyes with Tommy, "....please have a date with me tomorrow. "
Tommy just stared at him without words. Jimmy couldn't read his expression. He knew he was too bold and straightforward but it was his only chance. He wanted to be as close as he could with Tommy.

"How can you be sure that I won't lie or how can you be sure that I will believe you?" asked Tommy while tracing the ears of the cups.
Jimmy laughed quite loudly.
"God! I like you Tommy! I do like you Tommy," smiled Jimmy
Tommy smiled and took a sip of the first drink.

Sweet.
Tommy thought. He finished it easily.
Tommy looked up and found Jimmy staring at him fondly. Tommy somehow felt shy all over again.
Jimmy smiled while gesturing to try the other cup to Tommy.
Tommy took a sip and thought it was sweet as well
He screwed up.

Actually Tommy wanted to turn the boy down because he didn't know the said boy and honestly he did feel it's a bit creepy. But being a soft-hearted person, he didn't have a heart to do that.

"So, how is it? " asked Jimmy curiously.
Tommy hesitated a bit.
"Uhm.. They are sweet... I like it."
Jimmy grinned widely.
"Right? So you can't tell which one with coffee in it? "
Tommy shaked his head.
Jimmy sighed and smiled.

"Tommy" called Jimmy softly.
"Let me ask you one more time."
Tommy nodded.
" Will you have a date with me tomorrow?" asked Jimmy while smiling
Tommy smiled back.
"Sure"

END

Author notes :
Do comment if you want me to continue this one-shot for Mii2 first domestic date >O<)9