Prologue

"The usual?"

"Mhm. Extra caramel syrup please." I take out my wallet and grab two hundred peso bills from it.

"Sure," Tyler smiled. "That'll be a hundred and seventy pesos." I hand over the cash to him, and he murmurs a 'thanks' in response.

Drumming my fingers against the counter as I wait for the change, my eyes quickly scan the menu in front of me. Starbucks surely has a lot of drinks I haven't tried yet. I mean, it's not that I don't want to try them- it's just that whenever I actually try to order something besides a caramel macchiato, I always find myself going back to my first love. Sana lahat binabalikan yung first love, noh?

Okay. Don't get me wrong. Hindi ako bigo. At mas lalong hindi talaga ako inlove. Hindi pa kaya ako naka-inlove, believe it or not. May crush lang, pero di naman yun considered "someone I love". I've seen so many movies and read so many books about falling in love and getting heartbroken. You can say that if ever I'm going to fall in love, I might as well know what to do in every situation. Kung sa first dates, sa cheating, sa ex na hindi nakapag-get over, sa "it's not you, it's me" keme keme na yan- alam ko yun lahat! Teka..... pero kahit na alam ko kung ano gagawin ko, ano kaya ang feeling na dinurog yung puso mo nung tao na minahal mo ng sobra?  This reminds me of the post I published this morning on the blog.

"One caramel macchiato for Dior!" The lady shouts. I walk over to her and smiling, she hands me the drink. "Thank you. Hope you have a great day."

"You too."

I take a seat at my usual spot -the one near the post-it note bulletin board and the windows- inside the coffee shop, and turn my laptop on.

After a few minutes, the word HEJ appears, and just like a switch, a smile instantly makes it way across my face.

hej

{hey-doe} • interjection

An informal way of saying
"goodbye"

Swedish

I started a blog around mid-june last year and named it HEJ , which means "goodbye". This was a way for me to write down my thoughts or just certain things that pop up in my head. After writing them down on my blog and posting them, it's likes I'm letting them go- like I'm bidding farewell to these thoughts, hoping they'll never cone back again. Hence the name HEJ .

I take a sip from the steaming mug set before me and check the comments on my latest entree.

January 19
8:36a.m

#267

    What does it feel like to get your heart utterly and completely broken by someone you love?

    xx D.

2664 likes.  784 comments.

@foreveru : it sucks.

@ daniellelaaa : it made me a stronger person.

@ywisjdks : don't wanna experience it ever again!!

@sparkle : are you saying you never got your heart broken before?

@chester replied to @sparkle : didn't she say she was only 17? Who gets their heart broken at that age?

@luisa238 replied to @chester : so many ppl!

@c.macchiato : why don't you fall in love with me and see what it's like?

@happyness replied to @c.macchiato : omg did he just say that??

@katter replied to @c.macchiato : D has a secret admirer!!

@pattyprut replied to @c.macchiato : do you like D ???

Chuckling, I use my index finger to scroll through the rest of the comments.

@david.s replied to @c.macchiato : do you know D ? What is she like??

@allygozon replied to @c.macchiato : i ship it!!!

@aj replied to @c.macchiato : wait why did that sound so sweet?¿

@jowang-jowang replied to @c.macchiato : kahit naman dito may naglalandi pa? Isang malaking SANA ALL!

Ding!

Ding!

1 new comment from @c.macchiato !

I quickly clicked on the notification, my hands shaking in anticipation. Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub. Lub. Dub. Why is my heart beating so fast over a little comment?

@c.macchiato replied to @c.macchiato : i'm serious. Fall in love with me.

What??

This is how a single comment that lead to another made @c.macchiato become a huge star in my blog. Little did I know, the person behind this account would lead me to fall in love for the first time.