my fault, not yours. | bakugou katsuki

hey guys! it's been a while.

this is my first angst story that i've published! hope it tugs your heartstrings, ha. enjoy!

------

pairing: bakugou katsuki x f!werewolf!eventual villain!reader

genre: angst

words: about 1.3k.

warning: i tried to refrain from bad language as much as possible because i had to type this up on a school computer, so it might be slightly ooc. also hints of a dark past, suicide, supernatural being(s)?

please don't read if you're uncomfortable with these things, but seeing as you're on wattpad and this probably isn't the very first fanfiction you've stumbled into with angsty themes, i suppose this warning might as well have gone out the window.

anyway, here ya go.

------

their story began like this.

bakugou katsuki is one of, if not the most, noticeable students of ua's class 1-a. known for his explosive quirk and personality to match, it is no surprise that he has thrown some harsh words around that has hurt his peers.

(l/n) (y/n) was one of them.

as harsh as it may sound, she's considered fairly average for being in the top class of first years. (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes, and a fit physique as is required of hero school students. her quirk, sound manipuation... a little overpowered in use. this was one of the reasons why bakugou picked on her. how heavily she relies on her quirk, how she tires easily during sparring. heck, even her chest size - everything was under the boy's scrutiny.

he's smart, sure. but there's a lot of things he didn't know.

he didn't know how she used over half of her energy, trying to contain her immense power to avoid injuring eveyrone around her. he didn't know what she was, who she was and he picked on her nonetheless. he didn't know what happened to her in the past, what her parents did to her. but above all, he didn't know that she loved him.

if he had, then perhaps all of this would have been prevented.

i'm so sorry.

a car swung through the air, nearly crashing into deku. seeing this, shouto quickly froze the vehicle seconds before it found its target. the green-haired pro-hero thanked his heterochromatic counterpart, the latter responding with a nod.

"we need to get this sorted out. siren is getting stronger by the minute, we have no time to lose."

"exactly, you idiots! get the pedestrians! i'm going after her!

"wait, but how do you know that siren's a female--"

before deku could finish his question, the male was already off with a bang - literally.

soaring overhead, ground zero could see above the cloud of smoke, making out the telltale rings of destruction and familar red waves radiating from a crater in the concrete below.

red, huh?

ceasing his explosions once he got close enough, bakugou sailed in through the gray clouds of debris and landed right behind the female figure in the center. he stood up, dusted his hands off, and stood still. everything was silent around them.

through the shadows, bakugou could see the furry ears on top of the female's head twitch. without turning around, she muttered a single word. no, name.

"katsuki."

with this one sound, the deceptive peace shattered around them, and immediately the two clashed in an explosion of red.