One-shot

All characters mentioned in this story belong to MLB998 and none belong to me. The main idea belongs to me but there might be parts of the story (ideas) which came from Secret Wings. Enjoy!

~

"In the human world, tomorrow, 25 December, is known as Christmas Day, as some of you, having gone to the human world, already know. Since this is the first Christmas after my beloved grand-daughter Hailey has been found and has returned to the Kingdom of Aeolus, I am going to host a banquet tonight. Everyone has a choice, to come to the banquet or just have a close-knit family dinner. Thank you for all your attention. " Grandpa smiled as he finished his speech.

"Come, Hailey. " Grandpa looked at me amd smiled, reaching out his hand for me to hold.

I grabbed his hand, Chase, Autumn and Aiden following closely behind.

"I'm glad you're getting used to life in Aeolus, and that you have made some new friends," Grandpa looked at me, then at Chase, Autumn and Aiden, then back at me.

"Grandpa, they aren't 'new' friends anymore!" Grandpa chuckled.

We'd reached Grandpa's bedroom.

"Grandpa, I thought no one was allowed in your room other than you?"

"Shhh.. I believe you four wouldn't say anything about it, would you?" Grandpa whispered, chuckling.

"Come in. "

At first, the three of them were awkwardly standing outside the door, not moving at all. But since grandpa had made the invitation...

"What are you three waiting for, a red carpet?" I joked and pushed them in. We settled down on the floor which looked like it was deliberately set aside, just for people to sit down.

"This small section was set aside, for the queen and I during our free time. Usually she would be knitting and I would be taking a small nap next to her. She always said I was a playful man..." Grandpa paused. "Let me tell you a story. "

"A long time ago, there was a young prince. He loved to go to the human world. Rain or shine he would make his way to the human world every single day, so much that his father, the King, thought the prince was attending school right there in the human world. The King decided to make this permanent and sent the prince to study there, stay in the human world, eat with them, live the life of a human.

"The prince was so happy that he immediately went to pack his bags, and left Aeolus. He went down to the human world and lived like any other human, and no one noticed he was different. He'd scored straight 'A's and was the valedictorian of the school. Not only that, he was the captain of the football team. A jock, every girl's dream guy was him.

"But he didn't want to be with girls who just loved him for his looks and popularity, he wanted someone to love him for who he was, even as a Winged. Every day he was on the lookout for a girl whom he knew would never exist, or so he thought.

"One day, he walked into Advanced Calculus class and saw a girl sitting all by herself in the far corner of the classroom. There were few girls who'd make it to Calculus class because apparently they'd all be too busy dolling themselves up and waiting for guys to fall head over heels for them that they wouldn't care about their studies at all.

"This girl hid her face from everyone and no one really knew her, which explains why that was the first time he was seeing her in school. Since the classroom was really small and the seat next to her was the only one left, he went to sit next to her. The class quickly started off with the lecturer telling us to do an introduction with our partners and they were going to be our partners for the rest of the semester. And so.. let the awkward begin!