Chapter 1

This day, was the worst of my life but on the other hand, the best.

The time, I ran away from my own marriage and met him.

I was a person with ambitions, projects, a life to lead. I imagined having a house, where I would live with my husband and children. I always dreamed of obtaining my independence and that, since my fourteen years.

To earn my own money, to buy whatever I want.

So when Seokjin, my almost five-year-old boyfriend, offered to marry me, I didn't hesitate to say yes.

Already imagining the perfect life that I will have in his company.

I was cheerful.

I was making preparations for the wedding with him without suspecting that in reality...I was not at all ready.

Then came the day when I had to put on a white dress to join Jin.

Or, as I liked to call it, at the altar.

I was quickly disappointed.

" You are beautiful Sunil. ", my little brother, Jungkook, looked at me with tears in his eyes.

" It's the dress that does the trick. ", I smile nervously as I run my hands over it, far too stressed to sit and wait quietly.

" That's right. ", I punched him in the chest too many times, that he laughed softly.

I was really uncomfortable, and at that point, I thought it was just the stress of marriage but, it would pass once when I will be in front of the one I loved. However, I was completely wrong.

This feeling of discomfort remained.

So even when I was walking down the aisle with my father, holding my arm and whispering in my ear that it will be fine. I was not confident.

Finally, the moment to be in front of the one I should consider as my soul mate has arrived.

My heart was beating so fast and so hard that I thought it would explode at any moment.

Jin grabbed my hands with a tender smile on his face. I could see in his eyes, all the love he had for me. However, I couldn't do the same. I couldn't smile at him sincerely.

I could no longer hear anything, I could only see him. It was conceivable to only feel that strange feeling which crushed my heart. I thought it would be the most beautiful moment of my life, but  actually it was the worst, just horrible. My throat was dry, my lips too. So, I kept moistening them with my tongue. My hands were clammy, while my eyes kept going through my lover's beautiful face.

Suddenly I saw him frown and gradually I heard whispers.

" Sunil ? ", his sweet voice echoed in my ears as I slowly regained awareness of my surroundings. I turned my head towards the priest and his face was overwhelmed with confusion.

" Sunil, do you take Kim Seokjin as your husband ? ", he repeated briefly, probably not understanding my reaction.

Despite this, no words came out of my mouth. I watched Seokjin decomposed on the spot while I stood there doing nothing. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jungkook ready to get up, but before that, I let go of the man's hands in front of me.

Tears were now falling down my cheeks as Jin seemed to be swimming in bewilderment and the guests wondering what was going on.

" I'm sorry Seokjin, I'm so sorry. ", I turned to the congregation, looking at my family. My mother was crying while my father tried to comfort her as Jungkook seemed to want to come close to me, but I jiggled my head to dissuade him from doing it.

Beset with shame and guilt, I ran to the exit, fleeing away cowardly from the church that oppressed me and all those incomprehensible looks.

I was in a vamoose and I didn't know where to go. People were turning around to look at me, which I understood ; seeing a bride running around crying must not have been something usual.

Then I stopped, my feet were destroyed, ruined because of these heels which I decided to take off and put on a bench not so far from where I was.

Step by step I realized what I have just done: I just ran away from my marriage, leaving Jin at the altar. I destroyed our relationship as well as his heart.

What should I do now ? I couldn't go home, I wasn't able to go to join my parents. By the way, I didn't have the courage or the desire to.

Without realizing it, I sat on that bench for hours before the rain came. I stood up then, swearing about this shitty weather, which plummeted my morale even more.

The shops were closing because of the late hour, and I was drawn to the front of a small café who I didn't  know existed.

The Before After.

That was the name of that famous café. And apparently it was open 24/7, which was quite rare.

Curious, and especially wanting to protect myself from those drops of water that wet me from head to toes, I went inside and discover that there were only two people in addition to a waiter who cleaned the tables.

Slowly I walked to an empty table, trying to be as discreet as possible, and sat down on a wooden chair which creaked thus every movement I made.

I wanted to be unnoticed, result : a complete failure.

In a desperate sigh, I let my head fall forward, consenquently my forehead touched the wooden surface in front of me.

Everything was ruined.

----------------

As I said, the first chapter is from the reader's point of view instead  that you can better understand.

Then it will be Jimin's pov because I find it a bit different from my other ff.
Sometimes, the pov may come back to the reader's one (which will be rare) and in those moments, there will always be a detail that will let you know it.

I hope you liked it !