Prologue

I ran as fast as I could and, behind me, I could hear the creatures, whimpering, snarling and panting. As I scrambled up the slope to the house, I glanced over my shoulder and saw their pitch black eyes flashing dangerously in anger and hunger. I turned and continued running towards the house. The lights in the lamp post were flickering and the branches were shaking violently, giving an eerie atmosphere.

I shuddered and ran towards the ocean blue door. Funnily, it seemed out of place here. I tried turning the brass doorknob. To my horror, it was locked. I could hear the creatures closing in. I frantically knocked on the door but to no avail. I started screaming for help but my only answer was the hoot of an owl.

Suddenly, I heard a howl right behind me. Fear crept into me. I turned around hesitantly and what I had witnessed made me froze in fear. One moment, the black fur creature, who I suppose is the leader, was glaring at me menacingly. The next moment, I watched him morphed into a man. His eyes were emerald green, his blond tousled hair was swept back in such a way it reminded me of Jack Dawson from Titanic. He was wearing a black skinny jeans with Levi's logo on them. His black V-shaped neck t-shirt fitted perfectly on his tanned and fit body. To sum it up, he was totally worth drooling over.

He smirked at me, letting me know he was aware that I was gawking at him. I blushed and looked down. I nervously began fiddling on the hem of my chalky white blouse. I felt a presence in front of me. I looked up and gasped. The man, no a young sexy man, I corrected myself silently was standing right in front of me. His emerald eyes were staring at my own, making me lose myself in an everlasting swirling pit of green liquid.

He coughed silently, bringing me back to present.

"Rayna Katrina Davis", he purred, making me breathless.

" For months, I had been pursuing you, my sneaky little kitten. But I must say, darling, I am impressed with your talent of blending in. It took my clan quite a while to find you". He, then, caressed my cheek softly, making me flinch.

"What do you want from me?", I asked, hoping my fear did not drip in my voice.

He smirked." Darling, do not be to eager to know your fate. I assure you it will not be a pleasant ride", he breathed. I gasped and shuddered.

He gave me a brilliant smile and opened his mouth wide. What I saw there made me choke in my own saliva. I willed my legs to move but I just stay there rooted on my spot. It was as if the sight of him paralyzed me till my core. That is because what I saw there was a pair of fangs, dripping with thick red blood. There were bits of fleshes latched to it. The worst part is it is nearing me. I closed my eyes and screamed my lungs out. Distinctly, I heard my name being called. "Rayna... Rayna....".

A/N Please VOTE and COMMENT. Your support is appreciated. 😘😘

Dedicated to tdluvsonedirection for following me :D