The 85 hunger games

Darcy's P.O.V

"Come on Darcy don't be late for your practice games if you want to be picked you half to practice practice practice!" My mother screams from the living room.

I run down the stairs and grab my bag before running out the door, "By mom ill call you when I'm done!" As I run through district one a group of kids pass me. One is my little brother Bruno and his friends Mark and Rover. As I past them my long brown hair whips through the wind and my blue eyes shine bright in the morning sun.

. . .

When I reach the training area I walk in the grate giant doors and I am greater by Marsha the owner. (She won the the 76 hunger games when she was a mere age of 12)

"Hi their Darcy today we set up a fake cornucopia so that you can "fight" like you would in the games."

The building is tall with a huge flag with the Capitol symbol printed onto it. Pictures surround it of the winners that were from district one. My eyes lock onto one picture in particular. Marsha's in the picture her hair once blond that is now replaced by a purple wig is pulled up into a pony tail. Her smile is a ear to ear grin.

Marsha's long purple hair is curled up into a stylish do and her outfit is like the one in last years arena but its splatters with purple paint.

I fallow her into a rather small room with a platform in the middle. Then she speaks, "OK this is how it is going to work you stay on the platform till you get risen into the fake arena once you are their the place around you will be projected by screens. Just like in the games their is 60 seconds till the gong rings. If you die you are transported back to this room ware someone will wait to escort you back to the main entrance. Any questions?" When I don't say anything she adds, "Get changed and step onto the platform. Oh ya and if the arena gets to tough just press the small button on your outfit on you hip."

Marsha leaves me to change into a camouflage outfit with high lace boots and gloves. I take a step onto the platform and every goes dark and for a few moments I stare at nothing then the platform rises. Finally all of that training with multiple weapons and building countless numbers of fires shelters and studying plants will finally pay off.

Even though this is not the real thing it will be exciting!

I finally reach the top and I get to see the "arena" it's beautiful the sky is blue hills rolling in the distance and flowers blooming. The others are attracted to the view they have forgotten what we are here for. The Games. In the cornucopia I see knives just what I need just what I am good at although I am pretty handy with an axe. A couple spaces away from me I see Slate my boyfriend I give him a smile and then position myself to run.

GONG!

I run as fast as I can and reach the cornucopia before anyone else and reach the knives and throw it at the nearest person a small girl about 12 and instead of it cutting her it goes through her then she disappears. The next target I hit is a stocky male with a fist full of axes that fall to the ground when he disappears.

Slate is beside me now and most of the others are starting to retreat but I see a movement just behind a pack and aim my knife at it and throw. I hear a small squeal but I know I hit her so she is back to the training camp.

"Now lets see what we got to work with." I say eager to look through the packs.

"Let's." Slate smiles and we look through the packs.

We are left with three water bottles some dried beaf matches four sleeping bags wire some tarp crackers bread and uncooked fish. And for the weapons we have an axe a couple spears my knives Slates sword and a bow with some arrows.

A voice booms out as if on a loud speaker, "How are you liking this so far? Fun isn't it? Haha so keep fighting to prove who is the strongest!"

Then the cannons sound.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM! 8 gone in the first day.

"Let's get moving we can head up to the mountain past those hills. I saw a couple of victims head that way." Slate points to the mountain,"And on the way we can get ride of some of this extra package."

. . .

We finally reach the mountain and got rid of what we didn't need when I hear the scream. I turn around and see a young girl hidden in a tree and she covers her mouth probably realizing she gave away her hiding spot.

"Come on you really just gave away your hiding spot." This girl is as dumb as the day is long. I drop my pack on the ground and pull out my weapons Slate dose the same as we face the girl just as I am about to throw my first knife she pulls out a whip and hits Slate around the neck and he disappears.

I look angrily at the girl but she is gone and so is my pack!

BOOM!

The sound of Slates cannon echoes through the air. I stomp on the ground frustrated and scream out,"You little bitch! I'll get you back for that!" I look around and see a lake in one direction a mountain in another the cornucopia and a cliff that leads down to a jungle which is probably my best bet. So I start jogging in that direction I hear a whizzing sound and duck as the a dagger spins over my head.

I turn around and see the little girl in the tree but with someone else, a young boy holding a slingshot and some sharp razors.

"You!" I scream in astonishment then I see my pack with her. I throw my knife and hit her in the head and she vanishes.

BOOM!

The boy shoots a razor at me and I jump out of the way and throw my knife he doges it quickly and runs to the lake. I fallow him soon I start to pant but then he throws himself along with the pack jump in the water a giant fish jumps up and eats him i stare in astonishment.

I run back to the forest full of flowers and beautiful tress with vins full of delectable fruits. I look at them and remember from my book of edible and poisonous herbs. These are something I am not familiar with. I keep on jogging till the night approaches then I stop.

"Hello trainees you have lasted the first day but can you last the night? The kids who lost will appear in the sky. Goodnight and good luck." Booms the loud voice.

A boy is the first to appear in the sky they must do it by order of death because he was the first to step of the plate to early. They go through all of the tributes till it gets to the young girl Slate the the young girl. 11 gone 13 left. I lay down on a soft patch of grass and close my eyes and make a list of things to do tomorrow. First thing find water then hunt kill tributes, win...

I wake up with a start and I hear a low growl I whip around and see a large lion type creature with bloodshot eyes and long claws that could easily kill. I panic and reach for my knives just as I pull one out it leaps. I scream as loud as I can scramble up and start to run. The thing easily fallows me I risk a look behind me and see it only inches from me. I scream again knowing this thing may end my fun.

I hear a whistle then a faint wine. I look be hind me to see a spear in the creatures stomach it wriggles in pain then stops. I jump into behind a tree and see a young man step out onto the path. He is rather handsome with long brown hair, dimples and bright blue eyes. He pokes the dead animal then a young girl appears and speaks.

"Come on Fabian lets get Ace and Caressa to lift this thing to make some supper. A smile creeps upon my face as they leave I grab my matches I managed to shove in my pocket and pull it out. I drag it across the scratchy part on the case and throw it on the dead body. I make sure it's well lit and run.

I hear footsteps behind me and risk a look behind my shoulder to see the first arrow whizzing towards me. I fall to the ground it missing me bye a thread. I whip around and take out my throwing knives I flick my wrist and it goes sailing threw the air landing in the middle of the eyes of Ace leaving him to fall to the ground and drop his bow and arrows.

Fabian runs at me and unexpectedly throws his axe at me hitting me and sending a prickly feeling running thru my body. Like the feeling you get when your foot falls to sleep and the worst feeling comes to you and makes you want to hit it on the ground to make it stop.

. . .

Authors note: Hope you like it so far please comment for suggestions.