Stars

As I played under the stars at night, I never thought I would be looking up at them in wonder. I lay there in the cool air of the summer with two of my best friends. Just before we enter into 6th grade. Never in million years would I know this was end of one of my friendships.

We played outside like always, and as it gets too dark we gather inside to watch movie for our sleepover. As I lay there watching the movie, I realize someone is watching me. It's one of her older brothers. His eyes glared at me like I was someone he hasn't seen before. Then I realize it's my shortness of my shorts he is looking at, my heart starts to beat. Trying to act like I didn't notice I slowly watched the movie, then found a moment to go out on my jeans. Thinking I would be safe in my long denim jeans.

As all three of us girls get ready to go to bed in my friends room, I look at how much New Kids on the Block items she has. Melody starts to tell us scary story as me and Tiffany start to crawl into or New Kids on the Block sleeping bags.

It's about 6 am I believe as I am feeling the hot sun, from the sunrise on my face. I am woken up to someone shaking me awake, as her brother is trying to lower my pants down of me. Startled as he pulls back from me wakening up, he dashed out of the room. I lay there thinking did that just happen, or what just happened. Did he violate me ? I had no clue, I had tears starting to form at the corner of my eyes. Then shadow by the door floats across the floor, it's him peeking around the frame of the door, I squeal real loudly to wake up my friends. Not knowing do I say something? No one saw will she believe her brother violated me? Or tempted too?

Laying there looking up at the ceiling , knowing he took off and this will be my last time to sleep at her house. Melody lays back down in her bed and Tiffany is looking over at me. Did she see? Is she going to ask me if I am ok? All I want is someone to say they saw...Ask me if I am ok...

Nothing comes from her lips but good morning. Then I realize she didn't see anything. Still confused and uncomfortable, I start to think...do I tell my parents? Do I tell hers? He is about to leave on mission will anyone believe me? But I realize I will be safe he will gone for two years, I can still play with Melody and at her house.

As the day does on and after we eat breakfast, I am relieved I don't see her brother Mack anywhere. But something evil felt attached to me now. Was it me? Did I do something ? Why did he try to pull my pants down?

I am about to go into 6th grade, I don't know anything about boys. Never had boyfriend, never was curious. But why did he do that? Why did he look empty when I looked at him that might watching the movie?
I have never felt uncomfortable before. What changed ? What made him look at me like that?

So many questions, but I am scared to bring it up to my mom or my dad. I wasn't sure what happened either. I just know I didn't like how it made me feel.