Chapter 1

Richard, come here now. "What do you want you hideous lady"? said Richard. Why did you punch your fellow classmate? Because he won't shut his mouth up and he keeps calling me gay.  That is not a reason to hit Peter. Here take this and go directly to the principal's office. As Richard walks away he mug-gs Peter. When Richard walked in the principals office, Dr. Martin was already waiting for him. The first thing Richard told Dr. Martin was that it wasn't his fault. Dr. Martin was very angry and yelled at him to sit down. Richard got in trouble so many times this year that the principal was tired of seeing him mostly everyday in her office. Richard, what did I tell you last time? Richard said, " but it wasn't even me". But you hit him. I'm sorry Richard but I have to expel you from this school. Ms. Stewart please contact me with Richard Nelson's mom. Richard was very angry and full of revenge towards Peter because it caused him to get expelled. Ms. Nelson this is Dr. Martin calling you tolet you know that your son Richard has been expelled from my school. Richard stayed in the office until it was time to go home.

Mom! Mom! Richard yelled as soon as he walked in. Since there was no answer he had assume that there was no one home. What Richard didn't know was that his parents were in the living room already waiting for him. He ran to turn on the tv to watch his favorite show that was coming on but as soon as he put a foot in the lliving room him mom and dad had a very furious and angry face. Richard got very scared, he froze like a mannequin. They yelled at the same time " sit down now". His face expression transformed from being happy to frightened. He immediately sat down and listened to his parents. Why do you keep going off on you classmates? What did we tell you last time? We are always working fearing that we are going to get a call from school that you are in trouble again. Haven't you realized that you are the bad one here and not others. We have moved you from one school to another and to another all this year. You have moved 6 times Rich, aren't you tired of all this? "Mom!!!!", said Richard. Just stop and listen. He started with me. He was the one to call me gay. Really Richard that is not a reason to fight, none of that matters if you're not gay then why worry of their comments. You get angry over the smallest things ever just let them slide. Richard's face was now furious. He yelled very loud "shut up". I hate you, you always defend the everybody else but me. I'm your son not them. Why can't you ever be on my side. Richard ran upstairs to is room and started knocking everything in his room and started to punch holes in his wall. 

Richard never came out the room later that night. He stayed in his room all day the next day and then even the day after that. His parents were so mad at him, they did not bother to gi check on him. So on the third night the mom had a terrible dream. It was about Richard committing suicide. She urgently got up and went to his room.Since his door was locked and they couldn't open it, they had to knock it down. Even though he would not open, he was perfectly fine. Everybody went back to sleep.The next morning Richard finally came down and he was still furious at his parents. His mom called him over to eat breakfast. Richard was so stubborn he ended up not eating nothing for breakfast. Even though he had not eaten in three whole days nothing at all, he still decided not to eat. Throughout the whole day, he did not speak or make any gesture to try to communicate with his mom. He walked out the house the house at noon and he did not come back til midnight. When he gets home he goes directly to his room and does not even check on his parents.

The next morning Richard finds out he is being sent to go to a boarding school in California. Richard is not happy with the idea of being sent. Richard we are sorry but this attitude and behavior that you have is unacceptable so we are sending you to a boarding school. I'm not going California just because you and dad do not want me here. Richard was being very rebellious towards his parents. I don't care what you think Richard you do as we say. No if's, an's, or but's, you are going because we said so.

Richard began to think if he was going to be better off without his parents. After calming down, he went downstairs to tell his parents he was going. They all began to start packing his things up. Couple of days after they had their last family reunion regarding all the problems they went through. Early in the morning, Richard was ready to fly out to California. What Rich did not know was that it was an all male school. Only his mom flew with him because the dad had to work. As soon as they arrived to Cali, they both went directly to the school. As they arrived Richard saw many guys outside and started to panic. He had a weird feeling but not even him self knew what it was. Mom!, Richard said. Why didn't you tell me this was an all boys boarding school. I'm sorry honey, I thought you knew. Your dad talked to you about this, didn't he? Richard did not respond to his mother. He felt very uncomfortable knowing that he was going to be around many guys. They had a tour around the school but Richard was still not happy with the idea of being aroung all males.