Kiss of Death

KISS OF DEATH
written by ShieWrites
© ShieWrites 2024

Disclaimer

This story is a work of fiction. Names, places, businesses, and incidents that you may encounter in the story are all product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual people, places, businesses, and incidents are purely coincidental.

The photo I used on editing the cover art isn't mine, credits to the rightful owner.

Language: Taglish

-----------------------------------------------------------

Content and Trigger Warning

This story contains themes of self-harm, death, graphic violence, sexual content, strong language, and others that may be troubling for the readers. Reader discretion is advised.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kiss of Death

Bernadette has stopped aging physically and remains young even after living for a hundred years. She's immune to any types of diseases, and no wound can be considered fatal for her. Ironically, dying is Bernadette's greatest desire in life, and her right to die was snatched away by the Angel of Death, Azrael, who put a curse on her that made her impossible to kill. Since then, death's never been found in front of her doorstep. Strange it may sound, but a true love's kiss is the only answer to her undying problem.

×××

p  r  e  l  u  d  e

In a typical fairytale, a true love's kiss always lead to happy ever after. All it takes is one magical kiss to solve the star-crossed lovers' dilemma. In one snap, everything will be fine and happiness will be attained.

You could say the same for me. I need that one magical kiss to have my own happy ending:

an ending that had been taken away from me;

an ending that I have been looking forward to;

and an ending that has been long overdue—

death.

The only time I can truly feel happy is when I cease to exist in this world.

My existence is a sin in itself. The people and the world have no need for someone like me. I don't even know why I am here in the first place. So, I'll do them a favor and disappear for good.

If loving means dying for me, then so be it.

I'll do what it takes to find the man who could bring an end to me.