f i f t y - f o u r

"how're you" hero asks me, my hair is in my face but i don't move it. he leans over and tucks the piece of hair behind my ear. i flinch at his touch, my heart is racing and my body feels weak -  pathetic, i know. he sniffles and wipes his red eyes, i wonder why he's crying.

"eh i'm alright i guess" i reply to him.
i don't know what else i'm suppose to say to him.
"how're you?" i question, i hope he's okay.
he just shrugs, he looks broken. maybe he's realised what he did was wrong and maybe i've made him suffer to long and i should forgive him and we will life the happily ever after that we dreamed of. i don't know what to do anymore, i'm going with what my heart tells me. my head is too stubborn.

"why're you crying?" i ask him, my head tilts to the side to admire his beautiful face.
"i miss you" he quietly mumbles.
"i fucked up"
yes damn right you did fuck up, you fucked up my life. you fucked up everything good i had in my life, i want to hug him and tell him i'll forgive him and i won't leave him but i don't know. i'm scared of him hurting me, i hope he's learnt his lesson.

"can i say something but you need to listen before you say something?" i ask him and he nods.

"i love you, hero beauregard faulkner fiennes tiffin. i love you so much, i am in love with you. i will be in love with you for the rest of my life, you were my first kiss, my first love, my first time and you are the father of my children. you have given me so much, you've given me three perfect children, you made me happy. and i'm sorry if i wasn't enough for you - i'm sorry. i don't know what i can do anymore." i say to him.

i just want to hold him, he's crying even more now and i can't hold back and i go and hug him.

"jo i'm so fucking sorry it was all a mistake, i love you and only you. i have nothing when i don't have you" he says to me in between sniffles.

i don't say anything, i don't know if this is the right thing to do. i don't know if hes going to hurt me again, i need to ask him this one question.  i stand back and hold his hands in mine.

"i want to ask you one thing" i say
he nods at me
"have you been with anyone else during whatever this was a break, fuck knows what it is. or even before" he looks me right in the eyes.
"no baby" he replies to me.

the way he says the word baby makes me feel uneasy.
"i love you" he says to me, kissing me..
i kiss him back, i don't regret it. i'm enjoying it.

"please don't leave me hero" i mumble against his lips
"never again" he whispers

i know i'm stupid but love always wins - right?