Chapter 1

The sound of the kids playing outside, as usual, the water boiling from the kitchen, and of course my headache from the events of last night. I don't have a problem with alcohol, maybe if it's only chill drinking and me eating Korean food at the back would obviously be my kind of a party or just a get-together, if you will. But no, when you're with my people, shit is seriously going down. Not literally, but you know what I mean.

It is currently 9am and I'm still in bed, wishing it was just a typical day. Taking a shower, dressing up like the weirdo I am, and heading to school. But no, it had to be the day of reporting. Which meant, I had to listen to some bullshit with the knowledge I already ignored in my high school days. And the thought of speaking in front of people you don't give a fuck about seemed to be the cherry on top.

I don't like a lot of people but I'm in college, so that means you have to know a lot of people. It's basic math that gets you to think of simple equations here and there which I'm gladly willing to solve, if you know what I mean. I'm like Sheldon Cooper. I don't know everything about him, guessing from only watching clips and not the whole series, I just know I'm like him, minus the knowledge, of course.

I heard a knock on my door as I stood up to open it. It was my roommate, who I seemed to hate right now for waking me up.

"Can I have some money?" she asked, with her usual puppy eyes. I hate to say it but it always worked on me. She knows how weak I am with those eyes of hers, especially when they're the colour of blood.

"Good morning to you too." I sarcastically answered. She knew how I would always react to her wishes and how I'd be acting the whole day just to see her response. I would annoy her the second I give her the money, or whatever she wanted at that time.

"Yeah, morning. So...can I have some?" she said as she walked in.

"Some? May I remind you we have class today, Jean. It's reporting day." She might be the only person I adore who will possibly do drugs early in the morning and be in class looking like an ordinary person. It was her way of concentrating and don't get me wrong, I'm a little worried at times but I've known this idiot since I was in elementary and I've never had a problem with her, so to say the least she's my ride or die.

"I know it is. Don't worry, I'll pay you back later at the shop." and so, I gave her money and prepared for another day of adventure, I guess.

-

I drove us to school for today since someone had to take some meds knowing we had class. She was in her headphones the whole drive as she pretended to be in some kind of a music video taking action in her own damn car. I wasn't mad, she was kinda hilarious, don't get me wrong, but she didn't have to shout at the elderly couples and kids along the way to 'fuck off and listen to Nirvana' every ten minutes. It's like babysitting, only I don't get paid.

Arielle Jean Sanders is known to be the most selfless person you'll ever meet in your life. Sometimes, she likes the attention but deep down she knows what she's worth. Obviously, I do too and that's why I take good care of her when it's needed. She's the true definition of 'realness' and I doubt she even knows that.

"How's my least favourite sister in the whole world?" Her voice booming from the car to the front doors of the campus, and everyone looking at us. I tried covering her mouth but she only bit me.

I look out and see her sister, Ashe. Her only sister, might I add.

"Hi, Arielle." I giggled as little as I could so she couldn't hear me. She hated her first name. In fact, she never liked hearing it from anyone, not even from me.

Her mood suddenly changed. "Fuck you." she said, with her middle finger up. And there goes their sisterly bond, which rarely even occurred. It only happens once in a blue moon if I could recall it, which meant the little sister wanted something from her.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you both how you're doing..." she must have seen me when I closed the car door and let out a smile as I smiled back. I was about to answer until her dear sister knew what was up.

"Alright, fucker. What do you need?" her tone just the same when she was being talked down to by our professor last semester for drinking cranberry juice in the middle of Physics class.

"Hey, can't your sister just ask how you're doing and not mean anything?" Ah, sarcasm. One of the many fine arts of life. Funny one, my friend. I let out a chuckle and got my things out of the car so we could walk to class. We had a few more minutes to spare so we chatted with her for awhile.

I always liked hanging out with Ashe because she gets me and my weirdness. She's quirky in ways you would be fond of her, and she never misses out on opportunities even in the tiniest of her abilities and the events that were occurring. She always had a way with her words being artsy, like her. And that was enough to make me like her as company, if I might say.

I've known her since the day I met Jean. They never were close, to say the least. That's why Ashe and I haven't really had a lot of quality time together, not since college started. She and Jean were the closest I could call a family for me but separately, of course. Knowing how Jean would get pissed when I would hang out with her sister instead of her was a bit of a problem back then but now she would just not care at all.

We got to class just in time and took our seats at the back. I'm glad Ms. Rodriguez was still not here because she wouldn't like what's about to happen.

Floods of text notifications were heard in the room as I got mine as well. I rolled my eyes with the words that were splattered on my phone. It wrote:

"Party later. Narnia. 11 onwards. Be as late as u want ;)"

- Jean.

Everyone is making noises and guys whistling to their targets for the gathering later and I'm just sat down on my seat thinking what would happen later as the front door opened and Ms. Rodriguez with her whistle, alarmed all of us.

Class is now in session.