Prologue

When I was a freshmen in highschool, our philosophy teacher told us,

"In this world, there is no such thing as a coincidence. It's all Hitsuzen."

I remember myself asking, "What is Hitsuzen?"

My teacher explained,

"Hitsuzen is a naturally foreordained event. A state in which other outcomes are impossible. A result which can only be obtained by a single causality, and all other causalities would necessarily create different results."

Since then, I've pondered upon this many times. Where normal people would conclude one event as coincidence, I would try to find a causality that might have remained unseen. I would often wonder about decisions.

'What would happen if I chose this instead of that?' 'Would it necessarily change the outcome?'

In all these cases, I had a solid idea about the outcomes and so, I could weigh the possibilities of a decision changing the outcome, for good or for the bad. It was handy, it decreased the risk of making a bad decision.

But, I never stopped to think,

What if you didn't have any idea about the outcome?

What if danger lurked around the corner, masked with a facade of safety?

I never considered the possibility of an unknown equation.

And that was my doom.