Chapter 1

Kyungsoo sat in the car and fiddled with the seatbelt. He was beginning to sweat in his warm coat, the heated seat burning into his back.

'The door isn't going to open itself, you know.' Baekhyun pressed onto the button and released Kyungsoo from the seatbelt. 'I don't know why you're being so nervous.'

'I haven't been on a date for ages.' Kyungsoo's finger searched for something else and picked on a thread on the ripped parts of his black jeans. 'What does he look like again?'

Baekhyun slapped Kyungsoo's hand and leaned over his friend to open the door. 'He is tall, handsome, has fair hair and is a dancer.' He proceeded to push Kyungsoo out of his seat. 'Now, go. If you want to be on time you'll have to go inside now. I have a date, too.'

'But his name-' Kyungsoo wanted to ask Baekhyun, but the door closed after he left the car and turned back around to face his friend. He watched the lights of Baekhyun's car get smaller when the car rolled down the street. Even tough he loved Baekhyun he had been angry at the other for knocking on his door two hours ago, only to then push him into the bathroom, threatening him to take a shower or Baekhyun would come and rub Kyungsoo's body clean. At least he hadn't nagged at the clothes Kyungsoo had chosen for the very sudden blind date he was about to have.

Kyungsoo ran his hand through his messy dark hair and straightened the pair of glasses that was sitting on his nose. He sighed and faced the cafe that was brightly lit with multicoloured fairy lights in the otherwise dark winter night. He craned his neck and looked up to the window of the second floor where his blind date was waiting for him if he wasn't late himself. His eyes shot down to his shoes and pants again, a pair of new black and white sneakers and his jeans. Dressing up wasn't usually an option for Kyungsoo except for when he went out to a club or something fancy, so he had thrown on a soft woolen light grey sweater.

With wobbling legs he walked towards the cafe and pushed the door open and was promptly greeted by clinking cups and the loud chatter of the other customers. He figured ordering a warm cup of tea now would be better than meeting his date first only to leave him alone again to go downstairs to order, so he positioned himself behind a couple that was standing in front ot the counter. They stood way too close for Kyungsoo's liking, he didn't care what they do at home but this was in public and he wasn't too sure if he wanted to be part of the ass fumbling that the guy was starting on his girlfriend.

The sneaky touches of the hand on the girl's butt made Kyungsoo's thoughts go through all kind of scenarios that might happen when he walked up those stairs. There was the option of a normal, handsome guy waiting for him that was genuinely interested in him, but there could also be a douche that only talked about himself and couldn't wait to get Kyungsoo into bed. Not that he would mind going home with someone, he had his fair share of one night stands when he was out clubbing, but this time he had to trust Baekhyun's taste and common sense not to pick out a weirdo for Kyungsoo.

A brown haired woman behind the counter brought him back to reality after asking him what he wanted to drink for the second time. He decided on a small cinnamon apple tea to go, just in case he had to leave as fast as possible, and made his way over to the stairs.

He hopped up the steps, but stopped when his head poked out enought for him to see tables and several people, most of them sitting in groups or pairs. His feet stepped onto the next one, making Kyungsoo visible for everyone on the floor to see. Standing there awkwardly for a second was too uncomfortable so he moved around casually, hiding behind the green plants to get him enough time to scan the room. He silently prayed for the guy to be handsome just as Baekhyun had said but in the same second he cursed himself for being so superficial. Then it hit him, what if he found the other totally dashing but his date thought Kyungsoo was the ugly one? Kyungsoo shuddered and took a small sip from is hot tea, his eyes trailed over two girls giggling in the corner, an eldery couple talking, a single blond haired guy sitting near the window and an employee wiping tables. He took a sip again. Wait, his eyes shot back to the blond young man.