one

gliding my fingers past the piano I close my eyes trying to think of the certain melody keeping me awake at night. every night i am awoken from this beautiful sound but once i get up from my bed i always forget. it was a familiar sound and felt like home to my heart as if i was calling for a certain someone to find me.

shaking this foreign feeling off i left my music room and headed for the kitchen to make myself a cup of coffee. i sighed as i waited for my coffee, contemplating on my career decisions and if i should've even became a songwriter. i rested my head on my arms until i heard the voice again and it was so calming to me almost like i heard it before i moved here. it was always the same words like the voice was a broken record playing over and over again.

i still wonder wonder beautiful story, i still wonder wonder best part. i still wander wander next story, i want to make you mine.

it never went on and i still wonder myself who hurt that man so much to make him sound so sad. it's kind of cliche but i'm someone who believes in destiny and finding your one true love. i know it's stupid but at least i have something that gives me hope. i grabbed my cup but all i felt was a burning sensation and suddenly i dropped my coffee and it was scalding hot. i panicked so i rushed to the sink and put cold water to soothe my hand. i only saw him for afar a couple of times but those few times has made me think of him constantly and he was definitely a sight to see. he was so perfectly structured and his tall built made me fall deeper into his trap.

no matter how much i tried to forget about him he always lingered on the back of my mind. like a portrait waiting to be deciphered he was closed off from others but his cold presence intrigued me and made me more curious.

trying to get him out of my head i decided to take a walk at the park and maybe figure out that mysterious melody. i made my way down the lane inching closer to the bench as the sun was slowly setting and i felt calm at that moment so i wanted to clear my head and think of a new song.

i needed to make it big this time or i would lose the chance to forever. new songwriters and younger artists debut left and right and i was getting older by the minute. i closed my eyes and heard this sound, at first i thought that i was dreaming until i opened my eyes and i saw this figure in the distance holding a guitar while sitting on a nearby bench.

i stared at him and i was trying to get a good look at his face but he had a black mask on at that moment i was determined to find out who was this mystery person so i stood up and walked over to him. as i got closer to him i felt my throat dry up and i was nervous to talk to this stranger. i took a seat to his right and watched as he strummed his guitar so gently but it was perfection to my ears and i zoned out for a minute almost like my mind was trying to piece something together but i was still unsure. i took a couple of breaths before i finally gathered the courage to speak to the man.

" um hi" i said soon regretting my decision of moving over here. maybe he thought that i was a stalker or a creep. just maybe.

"hello" he spoke in a monotone voice putting his entire focus on his guitar as if it was the only thing in the world.

"i'm sorry if i came off as a weirdo but i was just so mesmerized by your song. its really beautiful." staring at the guitar i noticed 2 letters carved into the bottom of the instrument reading out t+h.

"thanks, an old friend and i wrote it years ago" and for the first time he looked up from playing and we both met eyes.

his brown eyes made my heart stop but also beat a thousand times faster and i felt safe. a feeling that i haven't felt in awhile but i enjoyed it. my heart felt warm and it was as if i was longing for this tenderness and all of my worries left my body for the 2 minutes we stared into each other's eyes. i could also see the sadness and shock overcome him even though most of his face was covered.

he slowly got up while still looking at me and i was confused as i didn't do anything wrong but he suddenly turned around and walked away. before he left my sight i screamed something in panic.

"HEY WHAT'S YOUR NAME? I'M JEON HAERIN"

"kim taehyung"

and then he disappeared from my sight and into the night.

hii this is my first fanfic so please give me any feedback and i hope you enjoy reading this !!