Chapter 16

Cire Adrian

I have with me in my hands a paper bag. While entering the school I spotted Jame. He's walking alone, in the direction towards our building. He's looking lovely today, just like any other day. He is a breath of sunshine. He is just so sunny and vibrant. Feels like he is the sun's light illuminating the world for us humans to visibly see the colors. He's got that effect on me.

"Jame" I called him, and he stopped. I close the huge distance between us by running. I was short of breath the moment I am in front of him. His smile is contagious, I just felt the wrinkles on my lips that's caused by my smiling too.

He just looks heavenly up-close. I saw the wrinkles forming in his forehead and the slowly meeting of his eyebrows. I am probably creeping him out right now. I just can't help looking at him! Can you blame me? "Ah hi" that's all what I mustered saying. I can't find the words I'm rehearsing at the back of my mind on my way here.

"Hi hahaha bakit ang tense mo?" he smiled at my awkwardness. I then laughed, it's slowly relieving me of the tension. After a moment, I finally brushed the tension away and confidently talked to him. "I have a gift for you, here." I gave him the paper bag I'm holding. There's this meeting eyebrow again designing his face with confusion. He looks cute when his confused. I laughed on my mind. Since when did being confused look cute. I'm probably losing my mind right now.

"Para saan to? Hindi ko naman birthday ah?" "We did shopping kasi yesterday. I saw that and I instantly thought of you, that's why I bought it." I smiled proudly and smiled even harder when I saw the tinge of pink spreading his cheeks. "T-talaga? Ano ba to?" He shyly asked. "See for yourself." I encouraged him.

He opened the paper bag, and his eyes open widely. There's a smile on his face that's speedily spreading to my face as well. My heart skips a beat due to his smile. Dang, I feel proud. I feel ecstatic that he liked my gift. His eyes smiled brightly that it is shining whenever it is hit by the sunlight.

We were at the mall yesterday. We passed by the toy store for my baby pamangkin. He's 1 year old now. We strolled around and bought a toy for him. I was instantly pulled by a stuff toy. It is minions and as big as a throw pillow. I remembered Jame saying that he admired minions because of its cuteness. "I have a collection of Minions stuff at home." His eyes shined brightly while talking about his minion's stuff and how he got 'em.

"Oh my. Thank you!" I smiled. He looked like that star-eyed emoji right now. He's smiling from ear to ear. There's no need for a confirmation anymore if he liked my gift or not. The way he is hugging it and holding it dearly like his life depended on it is already enough of a confirmation to me.

What he did next caught me off guard. My eyes widen as I feel the heat coming from his body. He hugged me tightly that I was frozen in place. My heart is racing and beating irregularly right now. After a liitle while, I regained the full control over my body and reciprocated the hug. We we're just comfortably hugging, in the middle of the school. Yeah, right?

John Vincent

Mga taong nagkukwentuhan at kumakain, ceiling fan na umiikot para bigyan kami ng hangin, kape na malamig at cake na nasa mesa, at babaeng maganda. Yan ang mga nasa harap ko ngayon pero parang lumilitaw ang aking kaluluwa at wala dito ang isip ko.

"Vincent, are you listening?" rinig kong tanong ng babaeng kasama ko. Andrea? Anita? Anjie? Ano nga bang pangalan nito. "H-ha?" "Ang sabi ko nakikinig ka ba?" Pag-uulit nito. "Ah sorry may naiisip lang, ano nga ulit iyon?" pagkaklaro ko naman at binigay na sa kaniya ang atensyon ko.

"Kanina ka pa ganiyan ah. What's happening to you ba?" Maarte nito pagpupuna sa akin. Well, kanina pa nga ako ganito. Pinipilit ko namang ilugar ang sarili ko, yung utak ko lang talaga lumilipad kung saan saan. Kung sino sino ang sabihin mo. Wika ng aking sarili.