CHAPTER 2

You walked alone along the cobblestone path that early Sunday morning, clutching a bouquet of white carnations with a spray of baby's breath. Small puddles of water were formed on the ground as a result of last night's rain. Thankfully, the sun was shining brightly today and you did not bother bringing an umbrella with you.

Upon reaching your stop beneath an oak tree, you laid the bouquet at the marble slab bearing a person's name. For almost a year now, this has been your routine every weekend morning.

You sighed deeply.

Of all people, why should you be the one here?

It was unfair.

"Hey. I miss you."

==========

~flashback~

Remember when you turned 18, when your father finally allowed you to have a boyfriend? Almost every girl your age was excited to find their own partner, the love of their lives, some even found theirs earlier.

However, falling in love and having a boyfriend was not really in your plans yet.

Being an only child, you wished to take care of your widower father after youlost your mom due to an illness years ago.

You knew it was not easy for him, especially raising a girl. But you also knew that he did his best and gave you everything you needed.

Besides, you felt lucky enough to study in the university, so you made up your mind to dedicate your time to your studies first and your only goal was to graduate on time and work on your desired career as an art teacher.

Until he came.

==========

University cafeteria, a few years ago

It was your final year in the university and in a few months, you would be graduating. Exams were also approaching, so you were in the cafeteria, reading a book while finishing your sandwich when your friends arrived, giggling.

"_______!" Came a cheery voice from a Yekaterina, your Ukrainian friend from one of your minor classes, while hugging your shoulders tightly from behind. You blushed as the back of your head felt the pillowy softness of her bosom. "We have a surprise for you!"

Suddenly, a guy with almost silvery-white hair was plopped right on the seat beside you. You have seen him only a few times from afar since your university was huge, and you didn't really know him personally. But now that you're only a few inches away from him, you knew you wanted to know him more.

"Hey what gives?!" The albino protested, earning him a smack at the back of his head from the Hungarian, Elizaveta Hedervary. "Shut up Gil! Remember what I told you."

You looked at your friends in confusion. "Liz, Yekaterina? H-Hey, what's this about?"

Crimson red eyes met your ____ ones and for a few seconds, you were both unable to speak.

"Gil!" Elizaveta nudged the male.

"Um, ja..." Gilbert started through his thick German accent. "S-Sorry I was late, ____. I've had the hardest time looking for the perfect gift for you. Liz told me you're not fond of chocolates und flowers since you'd prefer something more...useful. She also told me you're an art student." He explained as he opened his bag and laid few art materials on the table. "Soooo...the awesome me got you these."

Your eyes twinkled in delight; it was indeed, perfect!

"Look Fraulein, I know nothing about these, but I tried my best to ask the girl at the store. So, whatcha say?

"Ah, I-I'm sorry", you shook your head, still confused and with a furrowed brow shot a look at Elizaveta and Yekaterina who were all so excited. "What's the meaning of this?"

"Liz has been bugging me for three weeks now!" Gilbert stressed. Although technically, it was your first time to meet him, he quickly revealed how chatty he was. "She said she's never gonna pass the exams until she finds you a date. Believe me Frau, it has been un-awesome!!!! So here is the awesome me, right in front of you!"

And you could not believe his self-esteem.

"Ja, that's how I got dragged here. Not that I'm complaining," he continued, holding out his right hand for a handshake. "I'm the awesome Gilbert Beilschmidt by the way."

You gingerly accepted his handshake with a shy smile and it was then that you felt maybe, just maybe...this would be the start of something.

"So ____, would you go out on a date with me?"

<To be continued>