Part 1 - What is X.Y.B.E.R. Grand Prix

In a Dystopian Alternate reality, the world as we know it is governed by a sadistic and tyrannical Empire.

After a devastating Third Global War, the world became a desolate wasteland. Fortunately, there are places that life can be sustained. Found deep underground, the civilization thrived near the planet's core. But food supply, and energy sources grew scarce, the population repeated their own demise.

To counteract the creeping threat of extinction, the Eon World Empire was established. Fueled with the greatest of intentions, it started out as success. But as greed, corruption, and lust for power corroded the ideals of the Empire, it was all but a futile attempt to change the world's fate.

The population is categorized into 3 types:

The Nobles, who lives in extravagance and wealth without a care in the world.

The Community, those who are provided a somewhat safe and secure life of which is similar to what we are living in.

The Outcasts, the population who live in the reality of death and despair, they are whom who live to die. Forsaken to carry the burden of living, only to die a horrible death.

The world is ruled with an iron fist and fear. The fear of the dreaded and barbaric entertainment known as the X.Y.B.E.R. Grand Prix.

A twisted and sadistic race, that is also act as a battle royale. The winner of this race is said to be provided a reprieve of the said horrible existence.

The race begins from the planet's core, all the way towards the planet's devoid surface. From there, the participants needs to traverse the planet's circumference, avoiding the perils of rations being lost, damaged and ruined vehicles, attacks from other participants, natural disasters, and the mutated inhabitants of the surface, known as Scaves. 

Participants are a mixture of volunteers, prisoners, death row inmates, killers, and tributes as well as sacrifices

Each participant is provided enough "fighting" chance of finishing... or rather surviving the race. Those who finish the race have an opportunity to try once again, but those who fail - are left for dead.

The race occurs once every 4 years, a victor is awarded a chance to be a part of the upper community of the Empire, to escape his/her fate and rewrite his whole identity if he/she wishes.

The X.Y.B.E.R. Grand Prix has been in effect for the last 180 years, the look, death rate, appeal, and violence might have changed dramatically over the years, but the rules have more or less stayed the same:

A Participant can come from any walk of life

A Participant is provided a vehicle in the start of the race, if the vehicle gets damaged, they can obtain another vehicle using any means.

A Participant is also provided a tracking device embedded in the Exo-suit as well as provisions enough for the duration of the race.

A Participant needs to complete the race (that is he wants to survive and try again).

A Participant can use any means necessary to win.

A Participant needs to finish the race with a vehicle, finishing the race on foot is a ground for disqualification.

A Participant must finish the race or complete the race within 2 weeks in order to survive.

A Participant who win the race is awarded his freedom and a new identity (if he wishes) together with riches a Participant can only dream of.

A Participant can compete as many times as he/she can.

In the last 60 years of the X.Y.B.E.R. Grand Prix, There was always a participant who endures survival within the race.Some say he is a myth.

Others say he is just a urban legend.

But on the 46th X.Y.B.E.R. Grand Prix, he once again appears...

The Participant known as -Skull(頭骨)-