Part 1

A/N: You are in 9th grade for the sake of the story

I wake up in the middle of an empty road. The sunlight is slowly fading away, a little glimpse of pink and orange peeking just above the horizon. You can hardly see it though, it's pouring rain. Weakly picking myself up off the ground, I look around, trying to figure out where I am and how I even got there in the first place. It looks oddly familiar, like in a dream.

My gaze sets on a faint orange post in the street, about a block to the right. I can faintly make out three words printed neatly on it: Derry Public Works. My eyes widen in realization as I figure out where I am. But I can't be here, I must be dreaming. I pinch myself, hard, to see if i'll wake up, and I don't.

To my left, my eye catches a hint of magenta, reddish in the puddles of water, right in front of the storm drain. Oh god, I hope that's not blood. By now, I know i'm in the movie, but I can't remember what happends in the movie.

I start walking right and I run my hand over the orange sign, just to feel that it's real. I continue walking, taking my time, as I have nowhere to go. Passing a nice house with wide windows, I can see a bay window inside and a desk through the upstairs window. I stop when I see a boy about a head taller than me looking around frantically. The boy sees my walking and runs off his porch.

"Hey!" the boy waves at me.

I look and start walking up the driveway. I tuck my hair behind my ear and fake a polite smile. "Hey!" 

"H- hi um, I hate to b-bother you, but my b-b-brother went out in the rain an-an hour ago and h-he hasn't c-come back. I was w-w-wondering if you'd s-seen him." the boy frowns.

"Oh... No, i'm really sorry but I haven't seen him. I really hope he comes home and i'll keep an eye out for him..." my mind flashes back to the blood by the storm drain. I hope it's not connected in any way...

"Th-th-thank you! I never got y-your name," the boy says, smiling at me.

"Oh... Oh! I-it's Luna. Luna Eclipse. And you are?"

"I-it's Bill D-Denbrough. W-w-where are you headed out in t-the rain?"

I don't know exactly how to answer that question, as I don't even know where i'm headed out in the rain.

"Oh uh well, I'm not exactly sure..." I hesitate as Bill looks at me, confused. "It's complicated."

Bill nods and I like that he didn't ask any extra or excessive questions.

"Well I hope you find your brother. I'll look out for him."

Bill smiles at me gratefully and gives me a quick hug. I hug him back for reassurance. I wave as I walk back down the driveway and back to the other side of the road. I keep on walking, my feet getting really tired and I feel even more helpless. Walking until it's nearly dark, I walk past a house with a woman taking her dog inside from the rain. 

She looks my way, stopping and walking down her driveway. I sit on the curb and cry. The woman walks up to me and sits down next to me. 

"What's wrong sweetie?" She puts her hand on my shoulder for comfort. I don't know if I should lie or not but i'm good at making up stories and convincing so I just go with it. I mean, it's not like I can tell her that I've sucked in a movie. Who would believe that? She'll probably think i'm crazy and leave me sitting on the side of the road.

"I ran away from home..." I sob, putting my head in my hands.

"Where is home dear?" the woman asked kindly. 

"Boston..."

"Massachusetts?" The woman sounded shocked. "How on earth did you get all the way to Maine?"

"I'm in Maine?" I try to make my act convincing by showing disbelief. I did feel helpless and I did leave Boston so at least some of it's the truth. "I don't know how I got here. It was all mostly of a blur to be honest."

I calm down a little, sniffling, then I get to the real stuff. "I can't go back home though. I can't..."

"And why is that?" She tries to understand. "I'm Ms. Carter by the way."

"My brother ran away 3 years ago when he was 17, my dad and step mom always drink and smoke and they've always blamed me for everything my brother did, said everything was my fault. They hit me and yelled at my and I just couldn't do it anymore." That was the truth to...

Ms. Carter pulls me in for a hug. "I don't mean to sound desperate or anything though i'm in need of some company... How would you like to stay with me for a little while?"

I look up at her and smile, nodding my head. Wow, just like that I have a mother figure already. She stands up and helps me up off the curb. I let her lead me inside where she has spaghetti cooking on the stove. I warm my hand by the fire as it's a cold October night. 

Then Ms. Carter comes in with two plates. We eat, talk, and get to know each other better. 

After we ate, I am exhausted because of my day and she leads me into the spare bedroom. 

"I can enroll you in Derry High School, under my last name so you can have a normal life here."

"That's great, thanks!" I answered with a smile.

"You'll start on Monday so you have tomorrow to  prepare..." she says.

"Okay!" I smile but then realize I don't have anything to wear. "Do you have anything for me to wear?"

Ms.Carter walks to her closet, pulling out a box of clothes that look my size. She helps me unpack them into different drawers in my new room. I then walk into the conjoined bathroom so I can change into some pajamas. 

"Goodnight. Thank you for everything." I smile and fall asleep.

A/N: Okay guys so this is a continuation of @Ella_carpenter1745 's book. I copied this chapter.