XVI - I Love You

"There was no world, no land, no god or heaven or earth outside of their two bodies naked and trembling in the act of love." - Roman Payne

It had been a week since Natasha's birthday, and since she had let go of her worst nightmares. The last couple of days were actually hard for Steve and Natasha as they both had been very busy with their job. They hadn't been able to see each other since the morning after her birthday.

And seven days without seeing the person that you love the most can sometimes be very difficult. Especially after the amazing night they had spent together. Saying I love you for the first time, helping Natasha freeing herself from the Red Room, everything had been very intense.

Lucky for them, Steve should be at Natasha's place by any second now. Natasha had planned a very romantic evening for them. She had cooked Steve's favorite dish, lasagna. She had cleaned her entire apartment, and she even had a little surprise for him, and she was very excited.

A knock on her front door pulled Natasha out of her thoughts. Knowing who was waiting behind the door, Natasha jumped out of her bed and rushed to open it. Not giving him the time to get inside, she threw herself in Steve's arms. Her arms around her neck, her legs wrapped around his waist.

Seeing Natasha being this excited to see him immediately put a bright smile on Steve's face. God, he had missed her so much these last seven days. Having her in his arms like this felt really good. He was finally home.

"I missed you so much, you have no idea." Steve said to her, returning her hug very easily. Getting inside her apartment, Steve gently put Natasha down. Keeping her arms around his neck, Natasha immediately pulled him down into a very passionate kiss.

"I missed you too. Seven days apart is definitely too long." Natasha murmured to him, still breathless from the way Steve had kissed her back.

After eating a very lovely dinner together, it was time for Natasha to show him her little surprise, and she couldn't wait. Leading him to her bedroom, Steve didn't know what to expect.

"So I've been thinking, it's always hard when we're apart and I thought that maybe we could start to leave some of your clothes in my dresser so you can sleep here even in the week." Natasha said, opening the now empty drawer where Steve could leave his changing.

"If you want to, of course, we don't have to do that unless you want to." Natasha quickly added when Steve didn't reply.

"Sorry babe, you just keep surprising me everyday." Steve said to her, wrapping his arms around her petite figure. "I would love for us to do that babe. It would be amazing."

Hearing his words, Natasha couldn't help but smile brightly at him. "I love you." She heard him said, feeling his lips on her forehead.

"I love you Steve."

Getting themselves ready to watch a movie, Natasha snuggled tightly in Steve's chest. She had missed him so much these past few days that it was so good to have him this close to her again.

With Steve being shirtless as he gave his pajama's shirt to Natasha, the warmth and comfort coming from his body made her fall asleep very quickly. Even if she had found the courage to free herself last week, some nightmares were still here. She didn't really get a lot of proper sleep this past week.

When Steve noticed that Natasha was sleeping on top of him, he simply turned off the tv and carried her to bed, laying her under the covers and putting her in his arms when lying down next to her. Which made him fall asleep as soon as his eyes were closed.

-

Steve had never slept so peacefully. Having Natasha in his arms, she was like a shield protecting him from his nightmares. It felt so good. He couldn't contain his happiness when she was this close to him. She was so precious to him.