Chimed a ticking clock..

Now here is a tale of a girl called Miss Trancy, no one knew her first name only her last which makes this tale even sadder. So here goes her tale...

Now Miss Trancy was the eldest child of the Trancy household but because of her younger brother, whose name is Aleister, she was ignored and sent to be alone in her study for most of her short life. Her only “friend” was a maid called Louise, who was loyal and kind towards Miss Trancy but not even Louise, could prevent what happened to Miss Trancy.

One cold, dark, rainy November night, Miss Trancy was sent to her room as guests began to arrive for her parent’s dinner party. She was fed up and tired of banging at her door to be acknowledged by her parents, she did not want to be ignored and pushed aside any longer, just so her brother could be the center of everyone's attention. That night she was prepared to do anything to make her pain, suffering and sadness leave. Once Louise had been in to prepare her ready for bed, Miss Trancy took out her father’s old pen knife, sat upon her bed and looked up at the old Grand Father clock that stood, tall and proud in the corner of the room. As the clocked ticked it was almost like it spoke to her,

“Time to sleep” It ticked, almost speaking wise and true to Miss Trancy.

“Time to sleep and dream of a broken girl with a shattered life, unable to repair it no matter how much she tries” It ticked again, as the clocked neared midnight.

Miss Trancy laid back, tears fall down her cheeks as she took the knife in her hand, taking one last breath she was done. She lay still and lifeless on her bed, the crisp white covers slowly becoming a deep, crimson colour. Her sorrowful eyes closed as her last tears fell. As the clock chimed for midnight, it spoke once more.

“Goodnight, Miss Trancy”

The next morning Louise walked in her room to find her, laying still and lifeless. She called for Miss Trancy’s mother and father to come into the room. As they entered they fell down to their knees, crying and sobbing at the sight of their daughter, now gone forever.

“If only we treated you better, we wouldn’t have lost you” They sobbed, knowing they’d lost her, unable to ever get her back.

This is the end of Miss Trancy’s tale. She does not have the happy ending that everyone wishes she had. I’m just sorry she left this world the way she did… After all, I was her maid and her only friend. So all that is left to say is this…

Goodnight, Miss Trancy. Sleep well; I hope you can now dream of a happy girl with a perfect life.