Chapter 1

This was supposed to have come out like, a month ago, but due to some reasons, it didn't. I just couldn't complete it. But now I think this was supposed to be published on this very special day, "First Anniversary of The Untamed". So, here you go.

They got into an argument over the "Online haters thing".

Again.

This had become a lot more frequent than Xiao zhan would have like.

It started out as innocently as always. Yibo consoling him about the whole matter and telling him that he was there and he could tell everything to him. And Xiao zhan did. Well, most things.

It would be no good to tell Yibo that he had finally decided to take firm legal actions against the haters. Because the boy would worry himself to death and would want to help him in any way possible. Providing more bodyguards, hiring more lawyers or whatever it took. And some of those people would find clues and demand 'why Xiao zhan hired the same lawyer who has been working with Yuehua for years' or 'why does that particular bodyguard seems to be working for both Xiao zhan and Yibo.

He simply didn't want any of that.

When Yibo came to visit him in Shanghai just for a couple of hours, they talked about nothing but that. Yibo complained about how Xiao zhan doesn't want him at least informed about any of the decisions he makes, much less taking part in.

"You didn't even care to at least text me about it. I got the news from the gossip people on set. Just like everyone else. I felt like I am no different. I have no special place in your life. Or do you still think me as a kid?" He had said furiously and left. Xiao Zhan had no chance of defending himself.

So, now he had gone out of his way and decided to take a reckless step.

"No. Absolutely not. "His manager had said upon hearing the idea. As if  it was a bomb that would go off the second she said yes.

"Please jie. I have to do this anyhow. He still hasn't responded to any of my messages Not a single one." He pleaded like a child for his favourite toffee.

It had become a habit now. He had to take her permission, not his mother's, even before meeting his mother. But it was necessary. For his and everyone's sanity.

"You want me to let you sneak into the set of 'Street Dancer' meet your Yibo and then take you out safely without anyone noticing."

"Yes."

"Are you out of your mind Xiao zhan?!!!!!!"

"Jie!!! Please." He said, looking into her eyes earnestly.

And she knew that he wanted it badly. It wasn't like him to be stubborn for such things. He had no interest in jeopardising his own career, especially after the last few months.

🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰😉

They had been practicing for the shoot of the next episode since the morning. It was lunch time now. Not exactly a lunch, to be precise. They were eating just because it was afternoon. Most of them had to travel long distances before they got home, so it was just for surviving the drive. Rehearsals were over for the day and everyone would be leaving soon.

All the participants were separated from the mentors during lunch, but Zhang Yixing wanted to spend as much time with his team as he could. So now there were only three of them. Jackson, Wallace Chung and Yibo.

They were discussing about the new performances, the extraordinary ones, the worst ones and ones in between. He had no interest in indulging himself in any such discussion, but he made sure to be polite and gave little comments in between. He was someone who listened to everyone and everything, without being involved himself.

Also, his row with Xiao zhan had earned him quite a bit of a disturbance and loss of patience. But he never let it show, of course. He was known to be less talkative, so no one paid him any mind when he kept quiet for long stretches of time.

He was in a slightly dormant state of mind so it didn't arouse any suspicion in his mind when someone from the crew informed him that the package he ordered had arrived and the delivery man was waiting for it to be received personally from him.

Had he really ordered something here in Shanghai, he wondered, while walking towards the delivery man who was wearing a uniform of some online delivery company he couldn't pinpoint and had a mask on. Well, maybe he did. You can't really expect him to keep a track of his schedule, his diet, his clothes and his packages too at the same time, can you? But he would surely remember if he ordered something to be personally received, so he was ready to put up his defenses, not that he had none up now, to fight with whatever came up.
He didn't want any more stalking fans around him after the hotel and the car incident.

The delivery man turned around and looked up.

That's when he saw it. Those big Dove eyes and black hair. The button nose and those full lips, the mole under them that he so adored must be below the mask. A certain someone who was a little taller than him and six years older.

He halted in his steps for a couple of seconds, barely noticeable and then resumed walking in more confident strides. He knew he had the upper hand here, not that he liked it. He wanted to be equal to this man.

Xiao zhan suddenly looked down, towards his shoes. The same ones that Yibo got him last month. He wanted to tell Yibo who he was, just in case.......

But it proved to be unnecessary. Yibo had recognised him the moment he saw his eyes. He felt insulted that Xiao zhan didn't think he was capable of recognising his own boyfriend from such small distance. He wanted to make this insult visible.

"Didn't think I would be able to tell that it's you zhan- ge?" He said when he was standing in front of the man.

"It's not that. I was just taking precautions." Xiao zhan answered.

"Oh, of course. You are always prepared. You never want to get me off guard. You always warn me beforehand, don't you?" He taunted.

Xiao zhan knew Yibo was angry. But he didn't expect him to be this angry.

"Yibo, please listen to me. You didn't give me a chance to explain myself when -" But Yibo cut him off.

"When you went on and decided to sue haters and not tell me you mean?" He was furious.

Xiao Zhan was here to explain himself. Really.

"Yibo, I care about you a lot. You know that. I didn't -" Yibo interrupted again.

"You didn't want to disturb and create any distraction. You didn't want to burden me about it or want to get me involved. You didn't want to jeopardise my career along with you. Heard it before. Anything else?"

Xiao zhan had never seen Yibo this raging before. This was new to him and he had to figure a way out soon. He didn't have a lot of time on hand. He had agreed for two hours with his manager. She wouldn't have a single more second.

"Yibo. Stop it. You know how much I hate dragging you into this. You know how much I care." He tried with subtle words.

But maybe it was just an unfortunate day, because a brilliant idea found it's way into Yibo's mind. Well, brilliant for him, a disaster for others.

"Then prove it." He said.

"What?" Xiao zhan exclaimed, widening his eyes.

And Yibo just looked around them. His vision dancing over the crew members packing up the props and leaving , some of them having lunch, the participants chatting enthusiastically and finally his colleagues, who were finishing their meals rapidly, ready to leave.

Xiao zhan froze when it dawned upon him. The idea to do any such thing was itself terrifying. The results would be disastrous.

"Prove it zhan ge. And quickly please. We don't have all day."

🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁🐰🦁

Do forgive me if there are any mistakes or if the facts aren't correct, I wanted to publish this today anyhow, as my contribution to our bjyx fandom so there might be some corrections.