Prologue

She walked closer to him. With all seriousness in her face, with the obvious look as if she was holding something for so long that will finally be bursted out this day, this special day. She has a slight smile on her face as if she's recalling a foolish memory of her.

"Every year, just after you left me that Christmas eve, all I did was think how would it feel if we ever celebrate the Christmas again, together. You're the only missing piece of my "merry Christmas!" every year. I have to admit, i secretly wish for you to be there, to be here."

"I didn't know, I'm sorry."

"If you knew, would THAT thing never happen? Will there be a difference? If it wasn't Christmas that time and I didn't wish for you to be on that special day, will i still see you there? With someone else? With HER?"

He can't say anything, as if he's on the same page of feeling with her, HURT. Ianne can no longer hold her tears and the pain inside her chest. 

"..why her?"

This is a short story made for this holiday, story about a girl who once considered Christmas as a very special day since the boy of his life made it one. And just like reality, it will never be consistent happiness and love all over the place. The one special person that made her Christmas day special was also the one who created a traumatic feeling out of it.

This is going to be my first work here and adjustment, so I apologize in advance for the flaws for it's been like 5 years the last time I wrote a story.