Take that off and what are you?

"You're the guy my dad never shuts up about?"

"You're a laboratory experiment, Rogers, everything special out of you came out of a bottle."

"I don't trust a guy without a dark side."

"You two knew each other? He never mentioned that, maybe only a thousand times."

The thoughts rang in his head as he looked at the scene, dissipating, getting foggier and foggier as the quinjet got farther from the airport.

All he could focus on was the woman clutching her friend on her arms, barely visible, but he could sense, from that single spot or red, all the rage, hatred and fear.

He had done this. But it was for the greater good.

Was it?

-----

"Here she is! The futurist!"

Rang Clint's overexaggerated voice, as Antonia walked into the hall, she took a small glance and a frown at Wanda's cell before walking over to Clint's.

"She sees all... knows all... knows what's best for you whether you like it or not."

Spiteful, came the archer's words as he turned around to look at the female. Even with it, she shut off the audio surveillance, she wanted his family to be kept secret and safe. She cared, she was just snappy.

"I don't get it, you have a wife and kids, why didn't you think about them before you did this?" Toni furrowed her brows at the male, trying to hide her dissapointment, "Still... I didn't expect you guys to be put in a high security, mid-sea pokey. This place is for crazies. This place is for..."

"What? Say it... criminals." Clint interjected from her hesitation, "That didn't use to mean me, Sam, Wanda."

"Not my fault, Barton. You knew what you were going into." Toni shook her head as she stepped back, just for a second flashing him watch.

Clint huffed softly as he slammed his fists into the glass, "You better watch your back. There's a chance he's going to break it."

The female shook her head as she walked across to Sam's cell, but not before hearing Scott's little snap at her.

"Hank Pym always said you could never trust a Stark." Scott said.

To which Antonia snappily replied with; "Who are you?"

"How's Rhodes?" Sam asked, to Toni's relief.

The female sighed softly as she looked at Sam, with a small shake of her head, she clutched her left forearm, "They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow so... fingers crossed. What you do need? They feed you yet?"

"What are you, good cop now?"

"I'm just the gal who needs to know where Steve Rogers went."

"Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me." Sam replied, crossing his arms.

"Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment." Toni nodded, stepping closer as she tapped on her watch, "Just look. Because that's the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes." She sighed, before pulling out the file, "Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong."

"That's a first."

"Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get." Toni pursed her lips and leaned in closer, "We don't know each other very well. You don't have to…"

"Hey, it's alright." Sam nodded, looking a little uneasy. "Look, I'll tell you… but you have to go alone and as a friend."

"Easy."

-----

It was not easy, not even close. Why did she even think that she was coming out of there fine? She wasn't his friend, she wasn't even a subject on his mind.

She was an afterthought, given the fact that the asshole knew the whole time. He knew, he fucking knew, and he didn't even care.

So as the person she once thought was her friend walked away from her view, helping up the murderer of her mother.

"That shield doesn't belong to you." Toni spoke with venom, as the male turned his back on her.

"You don't deserve it. My father made that shield!" The woman continued, to which the blondè stopped for a moment, raised his chin, and in pride, and probably also to insult her, dropped the shield so handily, so carelessly, just like how he dropped their friendship.

As the two fell out of view, the female laid there, all alone, unable to move, trapped in her unresponsive armour. She was left to die, and they didn't give a single shit about it.

She waited.

A minute, three minutes, five, ten, thirty, an hour.

The woman looked at the shield on the ground, grunting heavily as she managed to heave herself onto her belly. Barely able to hold the circular shield.

She held onto the shield.

And wept.

Wept at the fact that her friend had beaten her to the state of being stuck in her armour, at the fact that he also had left her for dead, at the fact that he chose the person who murdered her parents, at the fact that he showed little to no regret, no guilt, no trust, nothing.

She was the same as the shield without Steve, felt the same, thought the same.

The shield was nothing without Captain America, and neither was she.

To him, she was nothing. To the world, she was nothing. To her friends, she was nothing. Because of him, to her father, she was nothing.

Even her own father, cared more about Steve than his own daughter.

She was so far from being her mother's priceless little wonder. She was the opposite of priceless.

She was nothing.