The hoodie boy

This is my one shot entry for the novel the hoodie girl by @yuenwrites

Brody's Pov

Here I was alone again.

When your heart has been broken into a million pieces the world can seem particularly small. There has always been a feeling that nothing in the world can go right. It's been 3 months since my heart has been broken but still the pondered thoughts of her remains.

My heart is on fire with just the thought of her . She wasn't for me I reminded myself , but how could something so perfect and beautiful be so out of reach. The flames  from my fiery heart burned me from inside out. It's best I moved on from her , but my heart is telling me otherwise as it continues it's heated argument with my mind. As my lungs fill with air, it should be a series of fresh air emitted but inside I feel as if I'm suffocating in a multitude of emotions.

They flood my veins and I'm unable to stop the chills that pulse through my entire body. I never used to believe in love, I always told myself that it does not exist . It is a figment made up by people that want something more than this damaged world has to offer. People wanted something to hold on to. Humans number one instinct is for survival And now I know that you can survive alone in this world but it will be ten times harder than surviving with others.

I feel as if I'm in to deep . It's like falling off a cliff and you just keep falling and falling and falling but you never hit rock bottom. Well why would you want to hit the bottom ? . Because at least when you hit rock bottom you would know how far you have to climb to get back up . That's just not the case for me, I'm just constantly free falling.

And here I am at this very moment out in the park enjoying the cool breeze of the wind and gazing up on the night sky. The stars twinkle back at me as I attempt to tell pointless jokes as if they can hear and be there to listen.

I come here everyday at the same time doing the same thing, with the same mindset. When I lay flat on the park blench and look up it's like the stars move closer to me to comfort me . They must be as lonely as I am.

Today I wore my hoodie . It's one of my favorite outlet from reality . When I'm wearing it I feel less exposed to the world. I didn't wear my heart on my sleeves.

Today was supposed to be like any other day but out of the corner of my eyes came this girl . It's just a girl but the way she stares at me as she makes her way over to me cause fear to ignite in me. I shouldn't fear her.

"It's cool out here , today" her curly frizzy hair lightly danced with the winds. she stares at me with her galaxy glazed hazelnut eyes . I couldn't help but wonder how eyes like hers can tell more about a person then words. She smiled twice now, I'm begin to think she just as lonely as me. Never smile twice at strangers, she should know that. Life had taught me that lesson and be sure to build your wall up high , higher then clouds so no one can climb it.

"I'm used to it, besides my hoodie keep me warm" I numbled resting my head on the arms of the Bench . I moved across the bench creating some space between us but that only allows her to move closer to me.

"You come here a lot, why?" My immediate thought is to lie but I don't know why I couldn't bring myself to do exactly just that.

"To think" was all that I can muster out of my mouth. She must think I'm crazy . What kind of guy goes out to the park at this time of night to think when he can just do that in the comfort of his bed.