Chapter 1

Shakespeare once said that 'life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struta and freta his out upon the stage, and then is heard no more.' I never quite knew what that meant, but for some reason, it stuck with me, up until my twenties.

It was mid November, I was twenty-four. I thought my life was at its peak and that it was going great. I was a professional businesswoman and I loved my job. I also loved Daniel and his wavy blonde hair that suited his baby blue eyes. Daniel was my boyfriend. We had been together since college. He was studying to be a lawyer.

At work I was typing away at my computer hoping for the weekend. There were rumors going around the office that Daniel would propose. I was awaiting when that would happen.

"Ambur. Did you fax the chapters over to the publisher?" Charlie asked as he walked up to me without looking up once from his phone.

"Yes sir, I did it two hours ago." I replied as Charlie walked away.

When I got home Daniel was sitting in his leather chair typing away on his computer and looking at the many papers on the table. I walked over to him.

"More coffee dear?" I asked as I grabbed his cup.

"No thank you. I'm deciding weather or not I should go to bed." Daniel replied as he continued typing.

I set his cup down and walked off to bed since he seemed busy. Obviously the proposal wasn't tonight. I got undressed and put on my pink silk pajamas then I laid in bed.

I could hear Daniel typing away on his computer. It was normal, this is what he would do until I drifted off, he would then take off his trousers and lay in bed next to me. But something different happened tonight. Daniel stopped typing, he shut his computer, and walked to bed. I turned my head towards him.

"Is everything alright dear?" I asked with concern.

"Everything is fine." Daniel replied as he took off his trousers and started unbuttoning his shirt. I rolled over back in bed and shut my eyes.

Moments later my sleep was disrupted as Daniel grabbed my wrists and twisted me so I was flat on my back.

"Daniel!" I screeched.

Daniel smiled a horrifying grin. He was completely nude. I tried to struggle free, but he was too strong. Daniel began kissing my neck. Then out of nowhere there was a tie. Daniel tied my hands together then to the headboard. I tried to yank free, but it was no use. He smiled and began unbuttoning my shirt. I tried to kick him without looking at him while he was in the nude. We had agreed not to have sexual intercourse until we were married.

"Daniel. Stop, please." I pleaded. My pleads were no use, Daniel wanted his way with me and my struggling was no use. I was going to lose the one thing I would never get back.

Once he had unbuttoned my shirt he opened it and began staring at me, then began groping me. I felt disgusted.

"Stop." I squeaked with disgust.

Daniel didn't stop. He went for my bottoms and slid them off. Then he went for my knickers. He slid those off too. I pleaded for him to stop. I tried kicking my legs at him to stop him. A tear ran down my face. Then Daniel grabbed himself and entered me. I screamed a shout of pain as Daniel began thrusting. Then he went faster and ejaculated. I went still and became a statue. There was nothing I could do. I slowly drifted to sleep.

When I awoke I was untied. I quickly got up and looked around for the tie or any evidence that what had happened last night had actually happened. I looked around the house but Daniel and his belongings were gone. I was alone.