Chapter 1: Childhood

"It's a girl!" cried Jay-Ar's mother. "No, a boy!" cried his father. "Half girl, half boy?" inquired Jay-Ar's aunt. No one knew. For 10 years, Jay-Ar's gender cannot be determined. But at the age of five, his parents took him to see a specialist. Jay-Ar was 55% man and 45% woman. Pitying Jay-Ar, his parents gave him special attention and gave Jay-Ar everything he wanted.

Jay-Ar stumbled as he climbed up a small set of stairs, causing a bunch of girls to giggle behind him. He was 10, and he needed special attention more than ever.

Jay-Ar was dumb. He only knew how to breathe. He couldn't even walk properly. He often stumbled or tripped. Jay-Ar was a lost cause, but his parents, as stubborn as him, forced him to be educated in a public school.

Jay-Ar fumbled in his bag for a few minutes, then pulled out a very dirty pencil case. His family was poor, so they couldn't provide him quality school materials.

Jay-Ar was half-gender human, but since he was more man than woman, Jay-Ar was forced to be called a he.

In his school, the boys enter the classroom first, followed by the girls. Jay-Ar hastened to smoothen his hair, as the girls entered, but received nothing. Jay-Ar grinned sheepishly at his crush, Janice. Janice was a short, plump girl who was in top honors in their class and the teacher favorite.

Janice was holding hands with Marc, a handsome boy with a smile on his face. Then, Jay-Ar's "girl side" was activated. He felt himself falling in love with Marc. The more he stared, the more he fell in love. Marc let go of Janice's hand and sank to his seat. Marc caught Jay-Ar staring and Jay-Ar, embarrassed, looked away. "He is mine." Jay-Ar whispered to himself.