prologue

A faint blush below the horizon, as the sun's soft caress awakens the mother earth from its hibernation. The tall, dark, purple snow covered the mountains standing alone, covering the whole of existence. Next to the mountains and near the woods, there was a waterfall of glossy white water splashing down to the shore, as though someone was spilling a cup of milk. The silence was more meaningful than that of midnight: and to me the spring morning 's silence is more endearing than any other solitude, particularly because there is no human outside yet and thus the peace of nature provides comfort to my entire being. But happiness is always short-lived, and so was mine.

Oh, I love my dad. I really do, but there are days when I hate him as well, and today is the day. The beautiful solitude of my jingshi was broken by my dad's roaring voice when he gave me his ultimatum with his usual emotional black mail.

He wants me to marry, I realize, I am still a virgin bachelor at the age of 29, but he did not have to whine about it.

"Nothing makes a father happier than seeing his son with a smile on his face and his beloved with a flush of adoration", What is with this dramatic request?

"Think before you speak", I think this phrase was made just for me. I always should have thought about it before I said yes to him just to appease him.

"Listen to me boy, I want you to win over heart of my wei ying and get married with him."

" If you mess with my future son-in law you 'd better give your heart to God because your butt will be mine."

" If you don't get married with him within this month you'll have to give up on your business and take over mine. "

My dad had it all planned. And damn I was in the mess his future son-in law created. NO!!! I have got to resolve this at any cost. I am not going to let some teenage gold-digger come into my life and make it miserable. What did my dad see in that man that he decided to declare his own son gay and marry me off to him?

I've got to see HIM to get this thing solved before my dad even moves ahead with this stupid plot.