Chapter 1: When One Life Ends, Another Shall Begin.

[ May 19th 4082, Okayama VIP Hospital. ]
[ 11:03. ]

"Congratulations, it's a boy!"

"Finally, now I can retire in peace and leave the estate to it's successor."

"Ojirme the boy hasn't even left the room yet, how can you leave the family to him without him having any knowledge."

"I see your point dear-... Doctor?"

"Yes, Mr Ryuji?"

"May you get the awakening stone, I wish to see my new childs potential."

"I'm afraid the baby needs some rest before awakening his element and count sir..."

"I'm sure it would be fine, after all we both have a count of 10,000."

"Yes sir, sorry for doubting your childs potential."

The doctor leaves without another word.

"So, I've decided what we shall call him."

"And?"

"Kaito, Kaito Ronvert Bon Ryuji."

"It suits the next leader of the famed Ryuji estate."

The door opens and the doctor enters with a tray containing a crystal like ball in a box, a bowl of black salt as well as regular salt.

"Shall we begin?"

The doctor placed the tray down on the nightstand, he pulled out a small pin and held out his hand.

"May I?"

Mrs Ryuji handed the doctor the hand of her new-born son, he pricked the finger of the child and placed the salt under the open wound, the child began to cry as the doctor brought out the crystal ball placing the open wound against it.
The ball began to glow, the tension in the room had risen, the balls glow dimmed, everyone leaned in... nothing?, it was transparent, like glass.

There was a sigh.

"There's always the boys 15th birthday, lets hope he awakens an element then, now his count-..."

The doctor nodded and grabbed the black salts, he began to sprinkle them on the crystal ball, the salts changed colour and lined up... to make a Zero...

"No!, impossible!"

"Are you sure this is our child?"

"I'm afraid so sir..."

"I won't accept this- get me a Ice element child, I'd rather pay for a child with a count of 1000 than have such a failure..."

"Agreed-."

"Doctor, take this boy outside, throw him in the trash for all I care, this- is not my son."

"Yes sir-"

Mrs Ryuji threw the baby to the bottom of the bed and the doctor took him outside.

"Juntai..."

"Kia?, why are you here..."

"That boy was rejected wasn't he?"

"Yes... he was born with no element..."

"Or count?..."

The doctor nodded.

"I'll take him in."

"Lady no offense but this child has no hope even you can't raise him to have a high count... Give up."

"Although this boy is useless, I don't wish for him to die alone, now if I may?"

Without hesitation the doctor handed over the boy.

"They called him Kaito, my lady having a child such as him would bring shame on your family name, I mean you're dual-wilders."

"So, my background shouldn't matter, this child is my own now."

The woman vanished with the child and the doctor returned to the Ryuji family.

"Mr and Mrs Ryuji I shall see if the Junvari family have had any male children recently that are not ice elements, once I've found the best candidate I shall send them to your estate."

"Very well."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time-skip Brought to you by me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't be shy now, I'm sure you'll do fine."

"But mum, what if nobody likes me-"

"If they don't like you they'll have to answer to me."

The white haired woman put her fists up in a boxing pose before hugging the young boy.

"I know it'll be tough, but there's some things I can't teach you at home."

The boy nodded, she licked her finger and wiped a chocolate stain from his face.

"Now go get 'em."

The boy ran to the gate. Stopped. Turned around and smiled waving back.

"Goodbye mum, see you later!"

He turned back around and entered the school yard his head held high, the woman kept the smile on her face until he was out of sight, then her smile faded into a concerned look, she pulled out her phone.

"Hello?
"Hello."
"Ah, what can I help you with today Lady Kitarami?"
"Make sure my son isn't a target."
"I'm sure your child will be fine lady, but if not I shall take care of it."
"Good."

She hung up and walked away.